What are my dual boot options?

Hi! Zorin's terrific for doing work, but not for gaming. I'm going to try a dual boot with Mint.

Can I add Mint to the same hard drive I've installed Zorin, or do I have to reinstall Zorin and install Mint? How much is required on the swap partition?

Or, can I install mint on an external hard drive? Running through a USB 3.0?

Can I install Mint into VirtualBox, along with the gaming apps?

What are my multiboot menu options?

1 Like

You need to create another partition in your drive (like dividing your hard drive into two)
Try these steps :smiley:

You already have zorin so replace every thing in the article referring to win 10 with Zorin OS

5 Likes

also you can use balena etcher for easy installation drive creation.

5 Likes

Thanks. Balena Etcher. That's familiar. Isn't that the ISO "burner" I used to install Zorin?

1 Like

Yes, it's the same one recommended but Zorin. You can set up a swap partition, and both os's can use the same one. The recommended size is half of your ram size, so we cannot tell you what size it should be.

I still use double the size of RAM for swap.

1 Like

I Mentone the minimum recommended. Anything above that is dependent on how much ram your machine has. I have 32gb and never use it all. Having a swap partition is unnecessary the more ram you have.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.