What distribution Linux for old people?

Flash is no longer available, not even from Adobe. It was the most major security risk on any platform and is no longer needed anyway.

Example i reading Google corporation from 2 november you need google two-step verification. That means all people need a mobile for better security or more a control with gps.
This situation old people cannot choice what they want and need a buying a mobile and learning new passord or create next e-mail. That is challenge.
Besides linux is near the same software and mostly what people using on windows is exist on linux distributions.
Interesting Torvalds Linus why he never touched ubuntu and debian. I reading he using Fedora. Where is the point>?

Good point on Cinnamon. I set my wife up on that a couple years ago after her IMac gave up the ghost, and she's had great success using that as her daily driver. Might be good to have a Zorin "spin" with Cinnamon as the default desktop.

1 Like

OMG! After reading this thread and seeing the age of some you, at age 66 I feel like a young pup!! :grin:

I certainly agree with "no idea what I had for breakfast" but I can tell you what I did 20 years ago. :slight_smile: My memory is slipping a bit I suppose but everyday I exercise my memory. Longevity tends to be in my family and most are mentally sharp up to the last breath. I hope to keep the tradition going on.

Good to know I am not the only old guy here that moved from Windows to Zorin.

3 Likes

Anyone who thinks that memory slips as they get older... try talking to a teenager.
Go on, ask them anything they did that morning...

3 Likes

after reading above. I am very young once 35 years old. I sometimes forget about the little things.

i choose to install everything needed for the older sibling to just run (click and run). and help every 2 weeks check what he needs and do update check.

2 Likes

God .... that is a switch I thought at that age they knew everything .... at least tht's what my grandfather told me .... "boy .... you think you know everything .... just wait a few more years" ..... :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Sure, they know everything but remember nothing.

2 Likes

Why I Hate MOST Linux Distributions - YouTube Interesting.
He sayed only 4 is most what you can be interesting.

hmmmm....I do seem to recall hearing that mentioned to me a number of times during my youth!! :rofl: :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.