What do you like most about Zorin OS?

Hello,
After more than 30 years of using Windows, I started exploring Linux in early 2025, as I found myself with two working laptops (a Toshiba 64-bit, 4GB, 2012 and a Fujitsu 64-bit, 8GB, 2016) that could no longer be upgraded and were, in any case, unbearably slow. After comparing the Ubuntu, Mint, MX Linux, Zorin and Debian distributions by installing them on the Toshiba, I decided, in agreement with my wife, after four months to go with Zorin, given its strong resemblance to Windows 10, the incredible speed boost and its stability.
I first took an interest in the Zorin Forum in the summer of 2025, and what a lovely surprise: it’s structured very clearly, and if I search using advanced parameters, there’s plenty of information to be found. And what strikes me most, in my opinion, is the courtesy and professionalism of the active members.

In October 2025, following the release of V18, things were a bit of a struggle until December, as I felt this version wasn’t stable enough. Once again, the Forum was there for us, and we weathered that storm. And since V18.1, it’s been plain joy once more. :star_struck:

4 Likes

I can't really post an answer to this as I left after accidentally deleting Zorin 15, following a family argument.

Rule number one - don't mess with your computer if your head is in the wrong place!

As for looking like Windows 10 I have to disagree. Windows 7 yes, Windows 10 no:

2 Likes

I really can't comment and compare other Linux distributions to Zorin, but what I will say is that the majority of Linux distributions out there are much better than Win 11.

What I like most about Zorin OS coming from Win 10:

  1. Privacy, no abundant amount of Surveillance / Telemetry / Spyware
  2. No bloatware and no forced down your throat useless programs (and AI)
  3. Overall look and simplicity of menus and design
  4. Super control of MY computer
  5. Updates that don't hold your desktop hostage
4 Likes

Zorin did me the huge favor of getting me completely out of Windows and into Linux. It is quite stable so I depend on it for my daily driver. The forum here is another significant aspect of what I like about Zorin.

5 Likes

When I first tried Linux last year, I had read recommendations for Zorin and installed it as my first distribution.
I liked it, but the Core version didn’t run very well on my old computer, so I switched to Zorin Lite.
I also briefly installed other distributions to compare them and used Linux Mint XFCE for a while because LM had a few things preconfigured which I liked, but now I’m back to Zorin.

Mainly because of the friendly and helpful Zorin Forum and because Zorin OS runs well.

6 Likes

Yo ought to take a look at Q4OS. It has lots of Windows themes for migrators to choose from. The only downside (for me) is its current release has Flatpak as part of the system, Prior to that you were given the option with its App Installer option in the Welcome screen.

Decided to install Zorin OS without trying any other distros. Saw it at a serious YT channel Tuhl Teim and booted first as Live-USB for trying to see its compatibilty to my PCs. When this was proofed I installed it directly first on my daily driver surprising myself. And since that I enjoy booting into Zorin OS every day.

Later I tried some other distros just curiosity, never installed them, but that was clear anyhow before trying other distros. I just wanted to see some variations of Linux but not leave Zorin OS.

Reason to go to Linux: freedom
Reason to go to Zorin OS Pro: freedom and well designed and coordinated clear structure with its special GNOME desktop design: tidied up and for me aesthetic as inviting as this forum.

2 Likes

Sorry, @SAPien, you have inherited this thread since the O.P. is pending account removal for being A.I. and hiding shopping site affiliate links in posts. :wink:

2 Likes

Arghh! Ah but you made good use of the opportunity. You gave the thread to @ sapien. Clever. The rest of us sapientes approve. Thank you

2 Likes

Oops, I’ve been had :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well once i discovered a post by @Aravisian and changed my kernel to the liquorix kernel zorin suddenly(for me) became very very stable so much so I also use this kernel on the other OS i run from time to time Ubuntu 26.04. Zorin is where this adventure started and i have pro versions of 17 & 18

... I like the fact that it is Linux!

The today GUI compared to about 20 year ago Ubuntu is really smooth.
This forum is great!
(that stops me of hopping towards POP!, although Cosmic is cool...)

1 Like

Er hem, GNU/Linux, no GNU, no Linux. :wink:

1 Like