What driver for Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M?

Folks,

I'm running Zorin 15.3 Lite on a Dell D630 with Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M graphics. The Nvidia driver installed by Zorin is shown as NVIDIA 340.108 and I'm not at all sure that is the appropriate driver for my system. I'm having the all-to-common (it seems) problem of my system not waking up from Suspend. I had a similar problem under Windows 10 UNTIL I installed the correct Nvidia driver, so I'm very suspicious that my Zorin problem may have the same cause. (I've tried a lot of the Power Manager and Grub recommendations related to this problem, but nothing helped.)

Can anyone suggest what the correct Nvidia driver for my system really is? NOTE: On the Nvidia site LINUX X64 (AMD64/EM64T) DISPLAY DRIVER there is reference to a Linux 64-bit driver version 295.33 that claims to support (among many other graphics cards) the Quadro NVS 135M. Before trying to install this driver, though, I'd really like to know if anyone has tried using it?

Thanks for any suggestions - Wayne

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I do not have Nvidia graphics, but just did a web search for "Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M ubuntu 18.04" and found this, which may (or may not) be of help.

After doing a little more checking it appears that the Nvidia driver provided by Zorin (340.108), with a release date of 2019.12.23, is about the latest driver for the Quadro NVS 135M. I'm afraid, then, that the problem with my Dell D630 not waking up after being suspended has some other cause! I'll keep trying other possible solutions and will report if any of them work. (Fortunately, rebooting the system only takes about 20 seconds, so the lack of "suspend" is not a deal-breaker!) - Wayne

I just found a set of Power Manager settings that will allow the system to suspend AND THEN WAKE up! I set the Power Manager > General setting When power button is pressed to Do nothing and the When laptop lid is closed settings to Suspend. Now, when the lid is closed the system will suspend. More critically, after opening the lid, tapping the power button will wake up the system! (Tapping any other key or moving the mouse will NOT wake up the system.)

The critical setting seems to be Do nothing when the power button is pressed. Any other setting for that button seems to interfere with the wakeup process.

Hoping this info may prove useful to other users - Wayne