What features would entice me to pay for pro version

I would like:

1. Support for sound under Hyper-V and cut and paste clipboard
  2. Support for flexible resolutions in Hyper-V (to make it look good on 4k+ monitors and allow more resolution options that scale with the window)
  3. Windows like task manager preintegrated, like sysmontask.
    I have s apecific use case for use under Hyper-V and Zorin could be the perfect choise.

Pro already offers installation support by the developers. That includes getting hardware working as it should, if possible. Not all hardware has had the drivers reverse engineered and not all companies have released Linux drivers.

The cost of the OS is not so much that it would break your budget to find out. I would wait until the release of 17 at this point though.

Though we are all not paid support here, you would be hard pressed to find a community that freely shares knowledge so openly to every member of the forum, and strives to reach a resolution adamantly.

3 Likes

To try this out, I installed sysmontask:

sudo pip3 install -U psutil

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:camel-neeraj/sysmontask

sudo apt install sysmontask

I actually like it, particularly the Performance Tab.
It is a bit easier on the eyes (less tightly packed) than sysmonitor is.

Stacer is also a decent substitute. sudo apt install stacer.

I don't see anyone having a pre integrated sound driver for Hyper-V. This could be USP for Zorin.
Graphics wise, For ubuntu, the grub video=hyperv_fb:1920x1080 hyperv_fb parameter seems have no effect on Zorin 15.2.

HardInfo was a nice tool, I will keep it installed, although I was refering to Task Manager. :slight_smile:

It may be that when you try 16 core that this is resolved. There is a limit to the hardware supported on each LTS version of the kernel. They may eventually add support for newer devices, but it will be a long time coming.

New hardware support is added to the newest versions first, then to each previous version. This includes testing to ensure it doesn't disable a system. While you are on an LTS version, it is based on Ubuntu 18, which is reaching end of life.

I know this isn't comforting, but if you backup and follow the Easily Reinstall you should be back up and running in short order, possibly with everything working OOB.

The only downfall is if you require 32bit OS. Support for that ended with zorin 15.

I mean I use Zorin 16.2, sorry button slipup

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.