What hard disk?

Hello.
I want bought bigger hard disk 1TB 3.5" or bigger.
What is most important speed 5400rpm 7200rpm or cache 64mb or 256mb?

7200rpm and cache the 256mb the higher those number how better they are.

Personally i would go for a SSD

3 Likes

https://www.proshop.no/Harddisk/WD-Purple-Surveillance-Hard-Drive-Harddisk-14-TB-35-7200-rpm-SATA-600-512-MB-cache/2816270
here the price killing me and I don't need 14TB

1 Like

I don't know how long could be working ssd if i will be reading/write on SSD.

1 Like

SSD's will live much much longer and are way faster.

1 Like

Faster I know they are. I will buying 500GB for OS.

2 Likes

https://www.proshop.no/SSD/Crucial-MX500-SSD-25-500GB/2637975
Micron American but probably Made in China.

2 Likes

I used a Crucial SSD in the past, bloody fast. Was one of the first SSD drives back then.

1 Like

TLC and MCL the many types.
I take some searching on web and all sayed SSD are best only bussiness type using big hard disk.
Reading ssd 950 evo on start are good but i have one port for M.2 but I don't know if ssd will be better not to catch more temperature in case. Still Crucial 1TB is good price.

1 Like

My ssd's don't go higher then 45c in a laptop

1 Like

nvme?

My Western Digital NVME M.2 SSD idles at 40C, but can easily get to 60C under heavy load, such as long file transfers, or gaming.

My EVO drives tend to remain cooler because they are SATA III SSD's, and they are connected externally, so not inside the system like my NVME is.

1 Like

What they are most likely explaining is. If you are going to be doing writes to the hard drive every single day in large quantities, were talking gigabytes worth every day, then you want to get a business commercial grade SSD, cause they are the only kind that are gonna last.

Consumer grade SSD's from Samsung and Western Digital are quality drives, but they are not made for that kind of workload. So it really depends on how you are planning to use the drive. Are you just gonna install games once on the drive and play? Get consumer grade and save money!

But if your going to be doing constant file transfers every single day of large quantities, like what they do in server's in server farms, then you better go business commercial grade.

1 Like

There are 2 different m2 slots, keep in mind you pick the correct one. I made a mistake to put a m2 nvme upside down. Turned on the laptop and the nvme chip burned to dead.

1 Like

Yes. With computers always to be carefully with some parts like a egg.

1 Like

https://www.proshop.no/SSD/Samsung-870-EVO-25-SSD-1TB/2914941 better from crucial mx500?

That is a very nice hard drive Bourne. To answer your question though, the Samsung PRO drives will be of higher quality, will be faster, and have more cache onboard. The reason we Linux users love Samsung's EVO drives, is because we can get a lot of storage space on the cheap.

The Samsung EVO drives come with a 5-year warranty I believe, but if you are careful with the drive, don't overuse it in writes, it has the potential of lasting longer then that.

Movies and music i writeable on hdd. I heard the ssd best using on operative system. That why little afraid as you know I many things experimental systems and software. In theory I can copy my ssd primary with Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 25 Anniversary LE (wondering if he don't copy bad sectors) 1TB it will be to big for me. You know more place gived you more possibility. 500GB x 2 for two operating systems maybe better choice and some one hard disk ssd for data files?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.