What is a good video DVD authoring app for Zorin Lite?

On my other Debian based systems, I like using 2ManDVD for creating DVDs of our movie collection for our standard DVD player. But since 2ManDVD is not in the Zorin Lite repositories, what would you recommend as a good alternative?

No wonder. It havn't been updated since 2013.

You could try PowerISO.

PowerISO is a powerful CD / DVD / BD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, burn, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount ISO files with internal virtual drive.

But I think it's only comes as a flat package.

2 Likes

Oh found it have a script installer: Download PowerISO for Linux

DevedeNG is what I used in the past. But now so many things, like my dvd player plays .avi, .mkv files. DevedeNG was good and easy to learn.

1 Like

That's because it is so good just as it is! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PowerISO looks good, but I'm not sure if it's exactly what I need. I was looking for something that allows you to make title pages, menus, etc.

I've found Bombono in the Zorin repositories... looks like something close to what 2ManDVD can do. Any experience using this application?

This looks interesting and closer to what I was thinking about. Will check it out.

Frankly, it have been years since I edit & burned DVDs. I'm all streaming and USB sticks now.
So I can't help you with that.

Hey, that's okay, I appreciate the effort.

I'm "old school" and prefer physical media over digital. I still like having my movies on either VHS, LaserDisc or DVD. We used to subscribe to Netflix a few years ago, when it offered content we liked to watch. So, we recorded a lot to MP4, which I've been slowly converting to DVD video.

1 Like