What is the best version of Zorin OS for my computer?

According to this: Ubuntu 14.04:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/440498/10-reasons-to-try-zorin-os-9-the-linux-os-that-looks-like-windows.html

That's a good lookin' OS. :smiley:

I have a 9 ult on cd plate.

I have question on this websides are very cheap pc. Any run Zorin or linux?

By the way, I also have an old Desktop computer with the following specs:
32 bit, 2GB ram, 1.5ghz, 2 cores and obviously no SSD.
I know Zorin core wont run optimally. But would you all recommend Zorin lite or any other distro?
It runs Windows 7 (not so smoothly) and no security updates, that's why I decided to switch.

You might try Zorin OS 15.3 Lite - that is as high as that machine can ever get.
Or you could try Antix on it and watch it rocket.

1 Like

Thank you. I know the PC has very low specs and I don't even use it...But I decided to bring it a new life instead of throwing it into the trash.

1 Like

You might want to checkout
BohdiLinux

That was the only Linux with desktop I managed to use on the 1st gen Intel Compute Stick (ATOM CPU + 2GB RAM).

2 Likes

Yeah, I will check out Bodhi linux as well. Thanks for the suggestion. But yesterday night I started to think, "Is an old 32-bit computer any good?" because most softwares and operating systems are removing their 32-bit services. Many applications that I use are not even available for 32-bit computers.

1 Like

I no longer have any 32bit machine since my Pentium Windows XP machine went to a cyber heaven.

I think all machines have a spot where they can be used for something useful. The above-mentioned Intel ComputeStick is now serving a role of a headless server for pi-hole in our household.

1 Like

it have a high temp?

I am running it headless (Dietpi).
It is a simplified Debian server without any desktop.
Overhead is minimal and it never heats up.

If there is debian then this is great server. What version Debian 8 "codename" Jessie?

I forgot a detail.
I never have to do anything to it and it just runs (TM).

The version I installed was for AMD64.

2 Likes