What is the default bluetooth manager in Zorin OS 16 Core. Is it safe to uninstall it?

Sorry for the late reply, but I just tried using the kernel you mentioned and it makes no difference to the bluetooth situation. Maybe I should just learn to live with having to take a few extra steps when setting up a bluetooth device for the first time. Thanks for all your help though.

sudo apt --remove linux-headers-5.13.0-48-generic linux-image-5.13.0-48-generic linux-modules-5.13.0-48-generic linux-modules-extra-5.13.0-48-generic

sudo apt clean && sudo apt autoremove

Sorry, I meant to get back to this sooner.
Would you be willing to create a LiveUSB bootable LinuxMint 20 and test the bluetooth function in the Trial Mode?
If it works normally, it may help narrow things down a little bit.
LM 20 is based on the same Ubuntu that Zorin OS 16 is.
It also uses the same Bluetooth and Pulseaudio management.
If it shows a different result, then we know it is something specific to Zorin OS.

1 Like

No worries.

I don't think it's an issue specific to Zorin, because while I've never tried LinuxMint 20, I have faced the same issues on several other distros including Ubuntu (both 20.04 and 22.04) and Pop!_OS. Maybe it's a GNOME thing, because it brings the bluetooth manager by default.

You could test Z16 Lite and check that idea.

Does that use a different bluetooth manager?

I use Zorin OS Lite - it comes with blueman. Which is what I use.

If it comes with blueman, it should work for me too, as evidenced by my experiences with LinuxMint21 and Arch. But, I love the look of Zorin OS core, so I think I'll stick to the core version itself. Maybe a future release will come with a fix for my problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.