What second distribution?

The same can be said of Devuan, xfce, MATE, Cinnamon, Gnome fallback, Plasma (KDE), LXQt. And from 3.1.1 up a blind user can install with a Braille device such as a Brilliant as speech installer is available. Devuan is my first OS not second.

1 Like

Well Devuan 4.0 has run out of / and because my good lady's recent smooth upgrade in MX-Linux xfce I am now giving their Plasma edition a spin so that may well be my go to daily!

Just for fun, I like to use different distros on every machine so that I can try them out for more than just a test run. Currently I'm using, in no particular order of preference:

1. Zorin
  2. Pop!_OS
  3. Linux Mint Debian Edition
  4. MX Linux
  5. Ubuntu

All Debian or Ubuntu derivatives... I tried Manjaro once but had a few problems that were too difficult for me to resolve and the community forums were not nearly as neat as this ones :smiley:

Although I feel more comfortable right now with Linux than I was a few years back so, I might go ahead and try something from another family. I think Fedora has been getting a lot of good reputation lately, as well as Endeavour OS?

1 Like

If somehow Zorin OS stopped to exist I'll go back to an Arch based distro again.

Surely good idea test anotger distributions and check if somewhere better working or worst. Using some time and checked if not crashed. This is good idea. For me i could go Endeavour or Fedora. Mostly the linux distributions are the same but command are diffrent sudo, yum and so on.

Well my dalliance wit MX 21.1 Plasma is over. Was impressed at speed of install less than 10 minutes. Then the fun started. Firstly major issue with locales, selected English British in live mode and told the installer to keep changes made in live mode which it clearly didn't! Removed Firefox and replaced with Firefox ESR. Changed locales for that but the @ sign when logging in to gmail was " still US English. Aaaaarrrrgggghhh! So I am reverting to stable Devuan 3.1.1. Clearly MX KDE Plasma is not as well built as their xfce offering. Hey Ho!

[Updated 23.07.2022]:
Forgot to also mention that Thunderbird will allow you to add a different search engine to the ones it comes with so have removed Thunderbird (another issue with MX-21 KDE and also Devuan 3.1.1 so only use Evolution for Gmail and e.email. I use TOR Browser for protonmail on desktop and mobile.

Ubuntu got rid of probe grub, which is detection of other systems. It is described with them. As a matter of safety, and every dist goes this way. You can install after installation and refresh grub, or run a second system directly from bios as there is an option.
So we cannot used option which operating system we want. Only if we have that option in bios.
Well many things changing.
I wondering what will be next version Zorin?
Will be diffrent like always or will be big changes?

Hello KolibriOS very small only 8mb wrote in language assembler.
It is smallest linux distribution?

That is true if often installing and format linux distribution killing a SSD hard disk faster from hard disk drive?

Ok. Looking for something to testing linux distribution on my another PC.
Mx Linux i have tested this is Debian old packages and mostly stable.
Endeavour is arch - not tested.
Mint I remember long time ago but now could be better with this and support.
Manjaro ok with both software and support.
PopOS weird and heavy for me with settings and so on. Support most acceptable for users what bought they product.
Don't liked trying two times always have problem with hardware.
Ubuntu daily driver when i want using him and tired Billy.
Fedora long time used could i back and try on second machine?
What should I choose to my next pc. You know I mean something new things with good stable distribution to testing if i liked on real barely metal pc?

I reading some linux distribution are not compatibility with Nvidia graphics card.

SolydX always gave security advice of not installing nVidia proprietary drivers. On Windows, Russians could use 1 Gb Graphics cards to hack Windows machines back in the 90's!

Give the 32-bit version a try:

https://solydxk.com/downloads/archive/i386/

You could also try Devuan live desktop 32-bit.

http://mirror.mythic-beasts.com/devuan/devuan_beowulf/desktop-live/

i386 = 32-bit

Today I have a new experience with a new linux distribution.

I want seeing what are will be diffrents and using some times.

Jhst never really liked fedora, period.

Well linux is like a wife. I don't searching a new wife. Just curious how another working. The same with meeting a woman on a date. You never know what you can except this is similar with audiophilosophy buying new things to feel to be exciting and so on.

So next level after Zorin some another distribution?

Linux is like a box of chocolates :yum:

(apologies to Forest Gump)

If someone using fedora here is huge guide.

I hope nobody kill me on this forum only sharing things what propably could be usefull on Zorin because fedora is Ubuntu. Wright?
On fedora games not working smoothly. The same problem what POP OS.

I don't give things for such guides. It only mirroring the authors desire and wishful tweaks. If I want to do something above the ordinary I consult the Fedora wiki pages if I'm in doubt.
Also I'm running wayland and Nvidia driver 515 on Gnome 42.3.1 and I haven't seen any issues regarding performance. Tested it with some heavy 3D games and they ran smoothly.

That is good news that why I gived a chance fedora.

1 Like