What second distribution?

I discovered many spins in Fedora it is amazing.

There's a gaming oriented Fedora distro called; Nobara. It has a fine tuned Kernel for gaming and other stuff from what I can read.

Yeah I reading that but I am not a true gaming.

:open_mouth:

... and herre I thought you were a gamer. :slight_smile:

By the way check my Fedora video.

1 Like

High Contrast and Docker also Gnome Tweak + extensions.
Very nice. Well I today starting learning Fedora.
I want trying something new.

1 Like

No, fedora is the community version of Red Hat, now owned by IBM. It uses .rpm (red hat package management), not .deb (Debian). What annoyed me was reading somewhere that someone claimed Debian was based on Ubuntu, it wasn't. The first version of Debian was released in 1993, and first stable version in 1996. The first version of Ubuntu was released in 2004. Debian got its name with a combination of Ian Murdock who met his wife Debrah (later divorced), working in a Coffee shop, hence the logo of a coffee swirl. R.I.P. Ian Murdock.

That is true. Thanks you correct my words.

My first and second nostalgia Linux Distribution is still Zorin.

I missed when I was on Fedora. That why I resolve the problem. Zorin is on my bare metal and if I want sometimes something else then switch to another pc with fedora. I thinking also people here so kind and helpfull then my heart start feeling be alone like a divorce. So then missing Zorin is something like missing people on this forum.

I saw some movies with Nobara and a gaming.
The best it fixed my crazy motherboard what always sending 5 short signal when starting a PC. Now is quiet it must be really fixed distribution also this is also fork Fedora. Now i have two linux distro Zorin and Fedora. That is cool for me. Fedora official this is some mix KDE with Gnome. Today Nobara new version out.

1 Like

The one on Nobara driverem for newer graphic card NVIDIA 510xx and no sound front and back on motherboard ASRock.

Start for testing mint Cinnamon.

That could be in next version Zorin.

Kali :ghost:

Gamers should definitely try https://garudalinux.org/ - Arch based rolling distro - ready for gaming out of the box, relatively stable, cool look and feel DE, latest and greatest software.

Features

BTRFS

BTRFS is a modern, Copy-on-Write (CoW) filesystem for Linux, aimed at implementing advanced features while also focusing on fault tolerance, repair and easy administration. We use automatic snapshots out of the box.

Rolling Release

Garuda Linux is a rolling release distro based on Arch Linux, which ensures always getting the latest software updates.

We only use one extra repo on top of Arch Linux repos, placing us very close to Arch Linux without having to install the system via command line.

Linux-zen

A faster, more-responsive Linux kernel optimized for desktop, multimedia and gaming.

Result of a collaborative effort of kernel hackers to provide the best Linux kernel possible for everyday systems.

Ease of Use

We use micro as the default, terminal-based text editor that aims to be easy to use and intuitive, while taking advantage of the capabilities of modern terminals.

Garuda Linux offers you various GUI tools for managing system settings out of the box to make your jump-start easier.

Always Free

Garuda Linux will always remain free and open source. Our source code is currently hosted on GitLab . Everyone has right to copy, compile, study, modify and redistribute the source code. We create it to have a Linux-based operating system that is easy to use and beautiful.

Choose between battery saving and performance tweaks

Our goal is to provide a distro that is versatile while making it beautiful. That's why we provide the option of using battery saving or performance tweaks

1. Improved I/O performance (performance)
2. CPU scheduler can be set to power-save or performance
3. ZRAM enabled by default
4. Systemd-oomd as OOM prevention daemon
5. Ananicy-Cpp, which automatically adjust NICE levels (performance)

Read more ... https://garudalinux.org/

1 Like

https://bedrocklinux.org/ What kind type is that a monster or this https://nxos.org/ this is some kind mixer linux operating system.
5 tiny Linux distros to try before you die

@Aravisian what I remember you liked a Star Trek.
So here is linux Star Trek OS.

https://www.cttstore.com/star-trek-os here is link
to get you need buy. hmm interesting.

1 Like

I have a question. Second distribution you mean theme DE or something another linux distribution. Mostly all linux distributions are fork with diffrent GUI.

That's not precisely right even though they are based on Ubuntu, Debian, or arch they have their custom repos built in that's what makes them different from the parent distro and have a different kernel installed it may or may not be the same kernel as parent and different more or fewer packages can be installed by default (as the developer wishes)

Like take manjaro for instance, even though the packages are from arch repo they are not directly coming to your system, they test the packages to be stable and push them through their own manjaro repo
And the visual aspect depends on the developer and the users, the user also has the freedom to change it according to their wish
Like Zorin offers you two DE (Gnome and Xfce )
but you are free to install Mate, cinnamon, budgie or even a tiling window managed (iceWM), etc

Yes. That is correct I saw the youtube one video where on Ubuntu he installed arch distributuin. So in kernel we can used all type package .deb arch or dnf any type in one distribution.