What's going on with the Zorin OS 16 to 17 upgrade ...?

Exactly. For me, Windows 11 was the last straw. There's more I could say, but yeah. I think we're on the same page here, so no need to elaborate. Indeed ...

1 Like

I have work related software/s that will never be Linux compatible, so windows will be a tool in my box for some time yet.

2 Likes

I did a sudo apt upgrade on Zorin Pro 16.3 just now. It upgraded to Zorin Upgrader. When I then opened the Upgrader it shows as Coming Soon: Zorin 17 Pro. So maybe we're getting closer.

5 Likes

I got that update, too. I'm already on 17 Pro, but when I saw it, I knew it was around the corner for everyone else. Good to see progress.

1 Like

How do I update Zorin OS core 16 to 17?

@Aravisian can you give any expected date for the update available through updater app ?

I cannot; I am not a Zorin OS Developer.
However, the Zorin Upgrader Tool now reflects a "Coming Soon" message for many users.

1 Like

Upgrade update 1/21. I have subscribed via notify me to get announcements.

3 Likes

I read on the forum, and on the upgrader itself, that the upgrade to 17 can take a while.
Does it require active input from the user ?
Can I leave it running overnight without any issues ?
If not, how many hours of downtime can I expect ?

WOW, this is the first I am hearing about this little detail, I am glad you mentioned it, this is important information to be aware so, to prevent accidental upgrade cancellations. Thanks Mr. Harvey!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.