Which browser do you use every day?

There are two Brave Origin versions (standalone and upgrade). The standalone stripped out the LEO (ai). It doesn't exist.

The regular Origin upgrade version got LEO (ai), just like regular Brave, and you can turn it off or remove it as well.

1 Like

Is it just me misunderstanding or is there really so little difference between all these browsers that it seems kind of pointless to do the ranking. Less than 1% variation between the highest and the lowest.

1 Like

Well I didn't have the space to copy all the test results which explain in detail what the warnings are like potential for some miscreant to inject something.

It was interesting to see that TOR Browser was pretty bad.

As for Brave A.I. it shouldn't be there in the first place, even if you can turn it off how do we know Brave isn't getting your searches fed to the A.I. engine?
What was interesting on the installed version in the VM of Zorin, on launch it was asking for money as well as the use free one on GNU/Linux. I don't use Zorin at all apart from using as a VM for creating the Manual. Other VMs of Zorin if I need to check something on here have either zen or Libre Wolf using epiphany browser temporarily to install replacement browsers as I don't want to go anywhere near Brave. I don't like Brave for the reasons of past history of the product as detailed by Computers Explained.

mostly LibreWolf + ublock day to day on zorin, brave when something chromium-only breaks. for vpn ive bounced between nord/express/mullvad over the years, lately stealth.online is the one i actually keep on (browse.stealth.online if you want the browser angle). agree with nick that the audit scores are basically noise between these, shrug

If only we lived in a perfect world. :thinking:

Firefox got ai too, you can turn it off, but you cannot completely remove it unlike Origin which you can.

Firefox got a controversial history too just as bad, if not worse than Brave.

I just came to acknowledge that ai can easily be removed/turned off in Brave Origin.

:victory_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, I am using Brave Origin standalone too. With eyes open however.

Thanks for a lot of hard work testing all those browsers .... very interesting results .... really surprised at Tor thought it was supposed to be bullet proof .... LOL

1 Like

i'm using Zen Browser

1 Like

I do use firefox and i dont turn the AI on much at all just times when i cant find whats needed to help folks here and then I do warn where its from at least firefox does have a way to turn it off

Well did some more searching and here is a better alternative to Browser Audit:

Looks like Mullvad comes out on top with LibreWolf a close second.

I am also going to look at EFF's Cover Your Tracks:

1 Like

2 Likes

Something about her voice and style really grates on my nerves...

1 Like

Same.

I don't trust her reviews either. :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

1 Like

You can use the modern update of Mandrake by name of OpenMandriva. I have given it a try out with live USB and it seems quite good.

I'm the opposite I find her voice and style soothing and calming.

1 Like

That was sarcasm, right?

I tried open mandriva before I think (unless I am confusing my memory with Mageia) and I didn't like something about it. The one true Mandrake derivative has been PCLOS as TexStar was the main contributor to Mandrake 9.2. :wink:

I have looked at the link and I think it was Mageia I had issues with. Will take a look at some point.

I watched a couple of Videos of her because she made Keyboard Content and I personally like her Way to speak an explain Stuff.

2 Likes

Dido ..... I also appreciate her humor .... living in an Asian country her tone and manner was for me normal .... but I can understand how some may not .... she also has a pretty extensive following so someone must like her ..... LOL

1 Like

Brave - I don't use any plugins or anything like that. :saluting_face:

2 Likes