I've used Brave, Firefox and Vivaldi. When Brave came out with "Origin", I was all in. It's everything I like about Brave and none of the crytpo-■■■■ that I hate. I paid $60 for a lifetime "license". They strip out all the crypto and AI stuff (which is why I stayed with Vivaldi as long as I did). Vivaldi is good, but I didn't need half the stuff it did.
I use Firefox and Brave-Origin-Nightly. Firefox is good for watching YouTube and Brave-Origin is good for uploading videos to YouTube. Plus it is also good when watching Paramount + on my Linux media mini PC, which is hooked up to the TV, as we do not like live TV, as it is all rubbish. Try to watch a Documentary and they tell you what is coming up in tonight's programme, they also recap what you've just watched, before going to the Ad break. Then before the Ad break, they tell you what is coming up next. Does my head in, as they think that everyone's memory is bad. So we watch stuff off of My5, My4, Paramount +, Disney +, ITVX, and Amazon Prime. My5, My4, ITVX and Prime all in Firefox, as use U-Block-Origin and Privacy Badger to skip the Ads.
BBC_iPlayer has no Ads so we are still paying a license to watch it at the mo, but they are thinking about taking the money for license through Netflix and Prime subscriptions. Which is just ludicrous, as the BBC in other countries actually show Ads, so why not go like My5, My4, ITVX? These channels manage with Ads so why can't the BBC. The license is a stealth tax anyway.
Well, now that for me ladybird is a dead duck, looking to see what murena is going to bring to the table.
Interesting times:
What happened with ladybird? I'd been looking forward to it with curiosity.
If you want to keep informed:
I use Brave and for Netflix i use Librewolf because of DRM ( or something like that )
I live in hope however I'm not holding my breath waiting.
Well in view of the 200,000 lines of A.I. Code they have used I am no longer interested. I tried to unsubscribe to their newsletter but it would not let me so I have to just kerp marking it as Spam when it arrives in my inbox.
I use Firefox and Chromium
Right now, I'm mainly using Chromium.
I'm using the Zen Browser. But, watching and waiting to see how Ladybird shakes out.
Firefox and dejunked Brave Origin
Edge and Brave.
I use Brave and Librewolf
Brave Origin.
Waterfox, thinking of moving to Librewolf
Waterfox is a good choice, it now has inbuilt Ad blocking though I've not tested it out yet and continue to use UBlock Origin. I get ZERO ads ![]()
Three. LibreWolf, Zen, and stripped down Vivaldi for sensitive stuff which all gets cleaned before closing.
I am intrigued as to why are you leaving Waterfox, my choice so far?
Just ran Browser Audit for LibreWolf - Passed 398, 33 Warnings, 0 Critical, 0 skipped.
Zen Browser passed 399, 32 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Vivaldi passed 400, 31 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Waterfox passed 399, 32 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
FireDragon passed 398, 33 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Chromium passed 398, 33 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
IceCat - BrowserAudit test would not run - because it must rely on Java Script - IceCat refuses to run Java as Stallman has always said it is a security flaw!
Mullvad - passed 397, 34 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Basilisk passed 410, 18 warnings, 0 critical, 2 skipped
SeaMonkey passed 411, 17 warnings, 0 critical, 2 skipped
Firefox passed 400, 30 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Floorp passed 401, 30 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Opera passed 398, 33 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
FlashPeak Slimjet passed 401, 30 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Chrome passed 396, 33 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Midori passed 401, 30 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Palemoon passed 410, 18 warnings, 0 critical, 3 skipped
Falkon passed 403, 28 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
epiphany-browser (Web) failed to run test!
Yandex passed 401, 30 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Tor Browser passed 397, 34 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Test your browser yourself - go to https://browseraudit.com
Brave would not install on my PCLOS Debian, will try on a VM of Zorin.
Brave passed 398, 33 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
Brave Origin passed 399, 32 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped - and another reason not to use this browser:
Microsoft Edge for Linux passed 398, 33 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped
So if we ignore the skipped tests, SeaMonkey comes out on top, with Basilisk a close second.
If excluding all the browsers that skipped some tests by browseraudit.com then the clear winner is ....
Falkon Browser, with four browsers sharing second place, Floorp, FlashPeak Slimjet, Midori and, hard to believe, Yandex!
