Which game to play? - For lousy Laptops

Now that I am trapped with a lousy laptop I was wondering which game could it play via Steam? I went from super computer to TI-82 calculator. Okay, that's not the truth but close. My system specs are now:

EasyNote ENTG71BM
Intel Celeron (4 core) @ 2 GHz
Intel HD - Z36 Graphic card
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB HDD

So my top 3 Steam Games are so far:

1. Darkest Dungeon

It takes some minutes to load at the start and between the scenes. But the graphic runs smooth and nice - A SSD instead of a HHD would have worked wonder.

1. Slay the Spire

As same as Darkest Dungeon it takes some time to start the game, but my biggest concern was; could it run as it stated as a Vulkan optimized game and I wasusing a lousy Intel card? No problem a it seems.

1. Chronicon

A hack'n'slash game with pixeled graphic? But still uses Vulcan? My worries should put at shame. It suffered also from not been on a SSD and I had to wait a minut before it started up. After that it was running like a champ.

If you have a laptop similar to mine, you may not run the state of the art super commercial FPS games, but there are many indy games out there which are fun to play and may even be more fun than the top notch billion dollars games.

/Storm

1 Like

No SuperTuxKart?
How disappointing :wink:

2 Likes

I think SuperTuxCart is to extensive for the video card. :slight_smile:

Hmm....

GPU supporting OpenGL 3.1
600 MB empty space on hard drive
1 GB memory
2 GHz processor
Graphics adapter at least 1 GB VRAM

Well, it won't be with full graphic settings, but lets put it as a test.

Just watch out when you installing it from Software. The 1st choice given is Flatpak. Make sure to scroll down for apt version.

1 Like

I have a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 (35w) tiny/mini pc and have a great time playing Counter Strike Source on it. The first thing I'd do with your setup is dump the HDD for an SSD.

1 Like

Would work wonder. Anyhow I got my supercomputer fixed :smiley:

My computer has Intel i3-7020U Processor with Intel UHD Graphics 620, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, and 1TB HDD. I am easily able to play SuperTuxKart on level 2 of graphics at 60 FPS. If i swap HDD for an SSD, then it would run at level 4 :joy:. I also play BombSquad at Full Resolution, Full Textures and Full Visuals at 60 FPS :rofl:

My children and I sometimes playing together in such games as https://www.topspeed.com/car-games/car-games/madalin-stunt-cars-2-ar181403.html and have fun. And you what games do you play?

There is a huge difference between Intel's HD graphics that is used in older computer's, vs the newer UHD graphics that they began using. The UHD can game, the HD cannot lol. And now that Intel is doing the newest XI graphics, now their dedicated GPU's can do even more. But they are still not as good as an Nvidia GPU though.

2 Likes

Yes my intel hd directx 10. Online games propably yes older.

Very nice near Diablo 2 a game Path of Exile free to play not pay to win.

1 Like

Just dance 2017 is working very good on trash laptops.

I has lenovo laptop from 2013 with celeron and with proton
it was working

now i'm using better laptop

hey there! Thank you for posting this. It is very helpful. Darkest Dungeon looks like so much fun!

I must try this.