Which one is Your Favorite Operating System and Why?

I had the same horrible experience, I did not wanted to switch after seeing tiny core page but after considering other option (including zorin) on youtube, I made a switch :relaxed: .

3 Likes

There are experience levels.
Arch Linux, TinyCore, elements of BSD, Gentoo... There are many OS's that are geared toward Linux-Experienced users. They are not for switching to Linux. Their niche is in providing to users who are already well familiar with doing things in Linux.

11 Likes

But, The First Linux someone get's Suggested is most difficult one :rofl:
It wasn't until @anon6471198 suggested me linux mint and zorin, I couldn't make a switch to leave Windows and start using linux as a primary OS :disappointed:

6 Likes

Kali is Great to by the way!

5 Likes

To Complicated to Understand :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

Kali was great...

It has become a little more commercialized for my taste. I still use the Kali Dragon Wallpaper, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is kind of on the person that suggested it.

When I very first started looking into switching to Linux, I tried Mint.
Didn't like it.
Now, I like it a lot.
One thing about the switch is that it often has far more to do with what the user wants and expects and where they are at mentally, than the OS itself.
The challenge is in helping the person to accept change and learning. Once they do that, they can enjoy any Linux Distro.
For most that struggle, they do so because they want Windows without Microsoft. They don't want to have to learn anything new or change anything...

18 Likes

I'n not in security, however two friends who are pen-testers prefer parrot over kali, however kali just has everything mostly pre-configured out of the box, but parrotos is lighter weight and because they have desktop (non-tooled) version it is hardened for daily use oob unlike kali. Having played around with both and using parrot home for about 6 months, parrot is more suited as a daily driver with security tools for work, while kali is more suited as a per use toolkit when you need all the tools and resources at your disposal to get the job done.

10 Likes

I am still with Zorin. Tested Fedora on another pc but something wrong with my hardware. Maybe i am not a angel every day using Zorin. I using Zorin something when i want when a small children want lollipop or some people trying stop smoking a cigarette - i mean quit from windows. Funny for me is hopping or testing how looking another distributions. I am curious what's is nice or bad. Maybe building or buying cheapest pc for testing not for gaming - some Simple pc or just using pendrive.

6 Likes

For gaming windows but when want using for another parts or just curious if something new in the world linux then switch to linux like a now. I can also sayed linux people are diffrents from windows people. Well for me i liked using a terminal it gived me chance to thinking my cell what i doing good or wrong but this is very funny - besides when you win if something working when installing drivers or another things is like a challenge. Also in linux i liked more design from all the same things in windows that why astronauts don't open a windows in a space cosmic.
When people want catch me on some application when i am on linux I am free man.
Peace,silence,no stress - can listening music or watching movie,reading some e-books. This is one step to gived another side choice if you like me you can installing a linux or just a trying.

5 Likes

Parrot OS is a wonderful penetration testing and vulnerability assessment distro that can do a lot more than some of its more popular peers like Kali Linux.

If you boot Parrot from a USB disk, you can choose to create a persistent partition to save your changes. Very thoughtfully the developers also allow you to encrypt this persistent partition for maximum security.

The distro has a large selection of tools that are neatly filed inside a categorized menu. These house the tools according to their use, such as Information Gathering, Vulnerability Analysis, Password Attacks, Digital Forensics and several more.

Interestingly, Parrot also aspires to be useful for average computer users that need a secure and privacy-focused distro like hacktivists, and journalists. The distro also has a Home edition designed for day-to-day use for anyone who cares about privacy and online anonymity.

Also, If you are Hacking. OS weight doesn't matter.

8 Likes

There are many Con's For Parrot OS

1. Not minimalistic out of box, although that can be changed with a few GUI tweaks and a different wallpaper.

2. Out of Box desktop is somewhat cluttered with shortcuts.

3. Need to download important tools (such as snort) from repositories.

6 Likes

I reading parrot is very good secure operating system like KOdachi and quebec.

2 Likes

Basically For Hacking OS like Kali, "There is no Safety in front of a Weapon"

6 Likes
8 Likes

Septor is a Great OS to!

Debian-based Septor Linux distribution has been updated today to version 2020.1, a maintenance release that mostly updates core components and apps.

Synced with the stable software repositories of the Debian GNU/Linux 10 “Buster” operating system series as of February 11th, 2020, Septor Linux 2020.1 is here to offer user an up-to-date live system for surfing the Internet anonymously using the latest Tor technologies.

Included in this release, there’s the latest Tor Browser 9.0.5 anonymous web browser, which is based on the recently released Mozilla Firefox 68.5.0 ESR web browser, the Mozilla Thunderbird 68.4.1 email and news client, as well as the Linux 5.4 LTS kernel series.

As for the novelties, this release ships with Kup Backup System, a KDE utility for backing up your important files on external disk drives. Kup supports two backup methods, one that keeps your system in sync at all times and another that keeps older backups in the same folder.

6 Likes