Why should i prefer Zorin over Ubuntu?

Well, this is rather subjective, but Zorin is much prettier in my personal opinion. Don't get me wrong, Ubuntu does look good, just not as good as Zorin. I view it as "flat design gone right", while Windows 10 is the exact opposite. I like Microsoft's direction with neumorphism in Win 11 (link if you don't know what it is), and I feel that they've really stepped up the game with aesthetics, but functionality-wise and stability-wise, it's always a step behind.

I always testing both side for apple working with special peripherals components.
When I testing both side I can see what is better.
My PC is to old to catch any this new Billy toys from win10.
I don't have to much energy to again start fresh installation with Zorin.
I will propably buying bigger hard disk to set inside. CrucialMX i reading are good.

Download a proton version in steam to run that game.

Yeah same here I left Windows because Windows 11 wasn't going to support my M6700 with a Intel i7 3940xm extreme chip and so on and I've been using for a day and a half the Zorin 16 software and it's fantastic easy walkthrough took me a few minutes to make some adjustments I still got to work on Dual video cards that are in my laptop but it's recognizing my Nvidia card right now trying to use both of them thanks I'm glad I'm here no brainer

1 Like

Hello @Bubby Nice to see you with users Zorin.

1 Like

How extreme is it? Well, I am so glad you asked!

Launch date quarter 3 2012, yes the same year people thought the world was going to end simply because the Myans didn't predict their calendar further then that.

Manufactured on the 22NM process. And comes with 4-cores and 8 threads, back when quad cores were brand new tech back then.

Base frequency begins at 3GHZ, and it can turbo to 3.9GHZ and no further, cause shes so hot shes sexy and she knows it, and if she got any hotter, she'd melt the PCB.

It comes with 8MB Cache, which believe it or not, that was a serious amount of cache back then, most CPU's at the time had between 2MB to 6MB cache.

TDP for this CPU chip is 55W, no wonder she gets so hot, am I right guys? Of course I am, we all know everything is rated by its TDP now days. The higher the better, lets melt the pins woohoo!

Whats that smell? I think its coming from the power supply. So how extreme is it? Its so extreme it makes Gigabyte power supplies look bad, since their all going up in smoke anyways.

The Extreme chip, its so extreme, your mom dont' even want you to know about it.

The Extreme Chip, if the world did actually end in 2012, you'd need an Extreme chip to get you through the zombie apocalypse.

1 Like

Thanks @Bourne really enjoying this OS and exploring to the fullest right now. The resources are great!!

1 Like

LOL @StarTreker (by the way I live near the town of the future James T Kirk which is a Trekker kingdom) your humor embed in the Chip breakdown is welcomed. This OS is putting the FUN back in my computer world! Windows is about to find out WE DON'T NEED IT ANYMORE!!! Now back to digging and exploring

1 Like

Your welcome, I love to entertain. Glad my post made you smile. And you are so right, MS is already seeing that with many users switching to Linux. But with 3.1 3.2 billion Windows users, they aren't going to feel the squeese right away.

But if even 50% of Windows users boycotted them, it would effect their sales, and then they would start getting worried. Well they should be, this Z stands for Zoro, Zorins unsaid brother, and Zoro gonna bust a move lol.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.