Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting every 5 seconds on hidden network

Hey guys. I'm using Zorin OS for month now, pretty much without any problem. But this evening my 5 ghz hidden wi-fi started disconnecting every 5-10 seconds for no special reason. Didn't do anything with router, on other devices it works just fine.

We figured out that it's not disconnecting me when the SSID is not hidden and when I'm connected to 2.4 ghz. I mean, it works, but it's obvious that it shouldn't be like that.

I've got all new updates too. I was wondering if there can be a problem with the wifi driver or something, but honestly don't know how to check these things, because I'm pretty much new Linux user. Thanks for your tips and tricks!

I'd suggest checking what WiFi+Bluetooth card you have, usually it's listed when running lspci in a Terminal, just look for anything saying "Network" and you're sure to find something

for me it says this for example:

00:14.3 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless-AC 9560 [Jefferson Peak] (rev 10)

This is it.
02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev 1a)

oh.
my condolences, I've seen people have issues with that WiFi adapter on Linux all around the place

if you're on a PC (like, a desktop PC): try plugging your WiFi card into the bottom PCIe slot

I'm on Dell Inspiron laptop

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.