Will Zorin Connect work over LTE or 5G or just WiFi

Hi - first post and just wiped Windows from my PC - using Zorin 15.3 as my primary to see how it goes.

I have Zorin Connect working over WiFi. Does it work over LTE or 5G by any chance like “Your Phone” on Windows does?

@Michael_in_KY Shoot me if I’m wrong but basically it has to connect to the same wifi router your notebook/desktop is connected to. I only use it at home (where I am working also at present!)

2 Likes

Thank you for replying and I believe you’re correct. I was out on plant tours today, and it showed disconnected even while my laptop was left on.

Or work network. I did manage to install ZorinOS on a non-networked machine, connect it to the network and run Zorin Connect but it didn’t last!

1 Like

Zorin Connect doesn’t use the cloud to connect your phone to your computer (for security and performance reasons), so it works over your local Wi-Fi network.

That said, if you’re away from your home or office Wi-Fi, Zorin Connect will also work if you create a Wi-Fi hotspot from your phone (to share your mobile data) and connect your laptop to it.

2 Likes

I logged into the works network using my username and credentials, plus with past IT knowledge I knew what security was in place on the network to match the credentials. :wink:

1 Like