Windows 11 system requirements - UEFI/Secure Boot only

Well, lemme see if I can override it.
My hacker blood is boiling :grin:

Indubitably, the transcendental beauty of illustrious nomenclature induces the user to yearn for Windows 11.

3 Likes

99% of my computers can't run it. Sad, I think I can still try Windows 11 on VM so it should be fine.

Good news for you.
I just installed the latest Windows 11 on VMWare on unsupported system (MintLinux host).
21996.1.210529-1541.co_release_CLIENT_CONSUMER_x64FRE_en-us.iso

It is working like a charm.

I also installed bare-metal Win11 on unsupported systems (legacy BIOS system and EFI system). I think I posted the method in this thread. I just applied the latest update on it. While it could change any time, I still geot all updates without any issue so-far.

Cool I guess

Bare-metal install needs some hacking around.
But VMWare route is super easy. You should try it out.
You can use VMWare player free for personal use.

I am fully aware of that.
At the same time, I keep my hope high that my Hackintosh buddy would come up to a certain countermeasure :wink:

Yes, it can.

I use VM Windows everyday.

I already posted in the Tutorial section how to dual/multi boot without headache (hardware solution instead of software solution).

Oh, not much of a challenge :frowning:
How disappointing.

1 Like

My sub-machine is running on m/b from 2016. My Acer Aspire is 9 yeas old.

There will be no BIOS update for such old systems.

Actually Windows is getting better when it comes to drivers. Compared with Windows XP days, much of the drivers for peripherals are now integrated. Meanwhile Linux has been doing that for ages :wink:

Good reason to stick to a reputable brands :slight_smile:

That is a curious point.
I will watch for it and report here about my discovery.

A bit of "necromancing" a month old thread, but I just wanted to report that, I managed to keep updating Windows 11 on unsupported architecture in addition to the virtual machine installation after the official release of Windows 11.

The trick seems to be unsubscribing from the Developer Channel so that the Windows updater would not scan the system.

It seems my version is behind.
It is 22000.194

Because you are in States and I am in Europe?
It seems the update is not bestowed upon us at the same time.

Saying that, I am now checking for the update and it looks like the version you are mentioning is downloading.

[edit]
It is now updated to .258
I have absolutely noting but Windows 11 on this old laptop. I cannot vouch that it is usable for any particular task. I keep on updating just to satisfy my curiosity :nerd_face:

Roger :policewoman:

On research it is possible installation W11 on any old machine.

My eldest's Win 8.1 Pro expired at the start of the year and because she needs work connection needed to stay with Windows. Did a manual update of 8.1 to 10 then on the SSD I had installed on Notebook, put that in her machine and used Ventoy which has a Win 11 boot key included - installed without any issue (always install with internet off to enable local login!) as M$ compatibility claimed CPU not compliant and from recollection no TPM2. Did upgrade the BIOS though.

Besides i have a licence what I bought.
In Zorin always before i bought Zorin, they gived me choice!
Why buying expensive windows when you can get good operating system Zorin what is cheaper and working perfectly.
I have still license propably free to update w11 because changed pc from tpm 1.0 to tpm 2.0
The people told me all time install linux and hackintosh this is better.
With linux you need steel watching your operating system what you installing to not crash packages. Using hackintosh I broken EULA license.
For me when i using 3 application and webbrowser also one game?
I have gpu GT1030 2gb ddr5 from 2017 and it working perfectly.
New machine have a better specification.

I have the same card in this rig running Antix.

On new pc i have rx 6600 and intel i5 10500
MSI MAG B560 TORPEDO motherboard ATX 10th-11 generation CPU released date ‎February 10, 2021
In my suggestion this pc propably will be working next 10 years or longer.