Windows Apps files

Hi everyone,
I was having a simple doubt: I have installed some Windows apps and I was wondering where are these apps' files stored, I need to make some changes to them but I have no clue on how to find them.
I have installed them by just double clicking the installer (I think it's Windows App Support).

Thanks in advance!

In the apps menu, go to the Windows section. There should be a program called something like "Explore virtual drives" (not sure if that was the exact name, but it was something like that). Opening it will open the folders where all windows-related things are stored. For the apps, the way to go is usually

c:/Program Files

or

c:/Program Files (x86)

2 Likes

In addition to the above, a direct route is also available inyour file manager by navigating through the ~/.wine directory to the program files folder.
If you do not see ~/.wine. tap ctrl+h on your keyboard in your Home Directory to reveal the hidden system files.

I have searched for Windows and I only found Windows App Support... which is not installed. Wtf.

I have searched in .wine/drive_c, but in the Program Files directory there is no mention of the program I have just installed (but I can execute it via the apps). This is becoming creepy xd

LOL

When I couldn't find what I was searching for in the Program Foles directory, I checked the x86 Program Files directory.
In the Wine Folder, every thing is categorized and arranged the same exact way as on WIndows.
The file manager also has a Search Files function. Click the Search Icon (Looking glass) on the titlebar.

The program is Guitar Pro.

bl4ckk@bl4ckk:~/.wine/drive_c$ ls -la 'Program Files'
totale 28
drwxrwxr-x 7 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 15 12:18  .
drwxrwxr-x 7 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:07  ..
drwxrwxr-x 4 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 15 12:18 'Arobas Music'
drwxrwxr-x 4 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:06 'Common Files'
drwxrwxr-x 2 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:06 'Internet Explorer'
drwxrwxr-x 2 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:06 'Windows Media Player'
drwxrwxr-x 3 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:06 'Windows NT'
bl4ckk@bl4ckk:~/.wine/drive_c$ ls -la 'Program Files (x86)'
totale 24
drwxrwxr-x 6 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:07  .
drwxrwxr-x 7 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:07  ..
drwxrwxr-x 3 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:07 'Common Files'
drwxrwxr-x 2 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:07 'Internet Explorer'
drwxrwxr-x 2 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:07 'Windows Media Player'
drwxrwxr-x 3 bl4ckk bl4ckk 4096 ott 12 19:07 'Windows NT'

The first folder is the extracted rar (second file). Third file is the setup, fourth folder just contains the fifth file.

Have you tried /.wine/drive_c/users?

Yup, got the following

bl4ckk@bl4ckk:~/.wine/drive_c/users/bl4ckk$ ls
 AppData             Desktop     Downloads   Links    Pictures       Searches    Video
'Application Data'   Documenti   Favorites   Music   'Saved Games'   Temp        Videos
 Contacts            Documents   Immagini    Musica   Scrivania      Templates

I have not used Windows nor WINE in a minimum of a couple of years.
I have never used Guitar Pro.
I do not think my suggestions can be much help at this point.
It really should be ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Guitar Pro/. IF not there, I am at a loss.
You might try checking the WineHQ forum.

Is it normal that the Windows App Support is not installed, yet I was able to just double click the program's installer?

Found it!
~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Arobas Music/Guitar Pro 8
It's strange that the research didn't find this..

Yes. Zorin OS includes zorin-windows-app-support-installation-shortcut which will be activated if a user double clicks a Windows File without having a compatibility layer like Zorin Windows App Support or Wine8 or such installed.

What it will do is offer to install Windows App Support.

Awesome. Marking your post as solution.

1 Like

Thanks for your help :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.