Windows crash after error when installing zorin

My boot all blank after trying install and meet many error. i use zorin 12. my windows gone. dont know what to do tomorrow to fix my windows. all my stuff in there..

Zorin OS 12 is based on Ubuntu 16.04 - Xenial.

We are currently on Zorin OS 16, with Zorin OS 15 Lite being the only remaining edition supporting 32bit machines.

Are you able to boot into Zorin at all?
Are Windows and Zorin OS using EFI boot or Legacy (MBR) boot?

It's not necessary the installation that is wrong. It can be a bios problem. Not sure how your partion is set up but ( If I remember correct didn't use windows for some time cept remote support ) Make sure your bios is set accordingly.

Don't know your hardware but in the bios it will give you 2 options UEFI and Legacy. Now when you make a windows start up disk. Best is the get the iso from Microsofts website. Then either use media creation tool or rufus. I prefer Rufus because I can basically duplicate my old account and just transfer it. There are 2 options in rufus. MBR or GPT. All you have to check is is the hdd/ssd with the windows on MBR or GPT and set you bios accordingly. Personally I prefer MBR over GPT.

( UEFI and Legacy are actually old tech. I am using a 12y old AMD the moment and even she has the option ).

@Aravisian has suggested a disk recovery app in the past. Maybe worth a search on the forum to find it.

Maybe too late here for such advice, but anyone installing an OS alongside another, or messing with disk partitions, should perform a full offline back-up of their data before proceeding. This is simple disaster recovery technique and disasters do happen, often when you least expect them.

1 Like

Disk Digger. It has a free version and does work on Linux without Wine.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.