Wireless Range Extender DOSENT WORK ON MY ZORIN OS 15.3

hello zorinos , im new here in forum , i noticed somthing strange since zorin 12 Lite and now im using ZORIN 15.3 Lite , the problem is that i can connect to my normal wifi , i mean my normal rooter TENDA but when i try to connect to my Wireless Range Extender ( TP-Link AV600 or D-Link DAP1320)i get connected normaly but i have no internet , the same problem that i had in my old zorin os 12 Lite , any idea to get those Wireless Range Extender to work fine ????? thank you so much i will wait for any help

It's your network running in dual-band mode? You're adapter may only see 2.4ghz wireless, but the extender is running only 5ghz. What model is your laptop wifi adapter? Did you configure the extender to run in dual-band? Is that possible?

1 Like

hello thanks for you answer , my extenders work fine on mac os x , windows 7 and other Linux distros , only zorin os have this problem with all my Wireless Range Extender
1-It's your network running in dual-band mode? Right now in my TENDA s rooter option channel its set to AUTO and Bandwidth to auto too . all gadgets at home phones , pcs TVs all work fine except Zorin os

2-What model is your laptop wifi adapter? its imac 8.1 ( 2008) with Broadcom
BCM4321 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 05)

3-Did you configure the extender to run in dual-band? Is that possible? my extenders are allready configured and work fine in windows , mac os x , and many linux s distros ....also work fine in all phones at home and Tvs too :frowning:

Some possibly useful posts regarding your issue:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2426036

The last post goes into how the network was configured on the laptop and router:

Te0k said:
So it must've been disabling power saving in Network Manager, set IPv6 to Ignore in Network Manager on the Router Wifi settings.

You may also want to change your Network proxy settings from none to auto.

You may also want to look at:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2354328&p=13614520&#post13614520

The only other thing i could think is drivers if this doesn't work for you.

1 Like

thank you so much for your time 337harvey, i will test all what you say , then i will tell you if i solve it or no :slight_smile: