Would you like zorin as daily driver and why?

Please note, while your in competition mode and everything, its easy to understand why you beat my Zorin machine. Its because my Zorin machine is an old Intel P6200 dual core machine from 2011 with 8GB of RAM, Intel HD graphics, no discreet GPU, and an upgraded Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD drive.

And yes, I agree your machine is fast, but its really no comparison in this case. Thats like taking a station wagon to a Lambergini race, who you think is gonna win? Exactly lol. Now my MSI machine, which is the machine I am on right now, would you like to take a look at my Neofetch?

I thought since you were in the whole competing mood and everything...

Ohhhhhhh, I'm quite afraid my system will be fully operational when Zorin OS LITE is released. Waaaa HA HA HA HA :grin:

1 Like

Hmmm My kernal loads faster :smiley: but than.. hmmm

My machine is so old it take approx 40-50 seconds to boot :cry::cry:

Perhaps the difference could be the samsung 970 plus 500gb nvme ssd, I'm using.?

I am guessing your running on a mechanical drive, cause that boot time would sound about right then. But please don't feel bad Ayush ok? I don't want you to ever feel bad seeing all our newer fancy computers, it doesn't mean that yours is bad ok?

Your computer does what you need it to do right? Well, then its a good computer then. Sure, would you like it to be faster? Yes I am sure you do. But just as I lived with my old computer for 9-years, I was patient until I could buy my new one.

So be patient, save up some money, then you can buy a new machine. But I don't want you to feel bad Ayush. You've been fun to talk to on the board BTW, way to hang out, contribute some posts, build community, thats what I like to see.

Your doing great! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nicely formulated StarTreker!

1 Like

PCIE Gen 3 NVME drives operate around 3500 MBPS MAX speed from last years generation. PCIE Gen 4 NVME drives can operate up to 7500 MBPS MAX speed from this years generation. So ya, I think its safe to say, nothing beats a good NVME drive at your side.

However, like I said to Ayush, I don't want him to feel bad about the tech in his computer. I don't want him to feel sad. We have what we have, and we must accept what we have until we can have better.

@Ayush
78 postings and thread is still growing!
You seem to started one of the most popular threads here in the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

I am glad that your keyboard problem has been fixed. I remember you were not very happy at the beginning on that support thread :wink:

1 Like

Yes indeed. I just got a SATA-SSD on here.

Yes indeed FrenchPress, I want many more posts from Ayush. He seems like a cool dude, and this forum could use more cool dudes right now. And you are also right, he started a very popular thread here. May we consider it getting close to the point of going viral? OK, maybe after the first 100-postings lol. Hit the big 3-digits, viral thread, woohoo.

Yep, I think Ayush is positively stellar :star2: Just like you FrenchPress :star2:

Where did that Dasjdoom Doomer go? He's he hiding and about to popout and go BOOOOO, cause you know, its Halloween season and all. OMG, DasjDoom is the DOOMER ghost, run for your life! HAHAHAHA :ghost: Ahhhhhhhhhhh :rofl:

1 Like

well i am using an seagate baracuda ssd 512 gb!!
i guess it is slow because i run on amd fx6300 and trust me i am glad that it runs :laughing:
well i am gonna get a new system in a month or so, but i still love my desktop no matter how slow it is this was my first computer and my first love :heart_eyes:

i guess i will never love my new lappy as much i love this damn thing !!

2 Likes

yeah!! actually there was a lot on my plate that time, sometimes i get stressed, that's my favourite feature i love to search,solve and learn.
these problems taught me a lot about computers. linux is like primary teacher to every developer but the sad part is windows is like that rude principle who signs in the last :expressionless:

1 Like

My favourite words: we all learn from mistakes.

It took me numerous installation experiences before I started to understand the make of the magic of Linux. When the m/b of my main machine got RMA two times, I told myself that it was a great occasion to practice system integration.

So finally, reinstallation is a good thing - provided you have a good backup of your personal data :wink:

Well since I am a student I don't have important data, and generally I store them in drive so no worries.

And actually lockdown was so usefull I learned a lot linux and about computers in it.

1 Like

My machine is so old it take approx 3 mins to boot.
So it is all relative and @Ayush should not feel bad about 50sec boot time.

Anyhow, who cares how long it takes to boot. It is how it performs once it has booted that really counts. I have no problems with Zorin in that respect.

2 Likes

Haa,even I don't have any problem in that

No ur 100% wrong, when I was using my old laptop it took a like 10 minutes to boot up. My new laptop takes like 6 seconds to boot up, it's night and day, it rly is a huge difference!

That's true tho since booting time usually depends on how you computer,ssd and motherboard work together SSD is used to retrieve filesystems for os and cpu for execution,etc.
If your booting time is high this means either you cpu is weak or your sad(might also mean something wrong with your motherboard,but that a rare case)

How does your old laptop perform compared to your new laptop?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.