XnView MP and Using Vertical Split Screens

I have searched till I'm blue in the face .... and that is hard if your face is green .... but I can't find or remember how to get XnView to go into split screening .... normally you just have to hit Super / left or right arrow .... but it isn't working .... works on all other apps ....

I've searched the XnView website but can't find anything except how to split photos and not screens ..... I finally emailed the developer and am waiting for his reply ... if ever ....

It could be that I'm not asking the right question as I'm calling this process ... Split Screen .... where it maybe know as something else .....

Yes I've used XnView before but I screwed it up so bad I had to totally wipe it and reinstall and now I can't remember how to do it ..... I mostly use it to run 2 copies of XnView so I can transfer pictures to different folders ..... viewing photos in one screen and folders in another .... makes this process super fast ....

I gave up on gThumb had problems with batching files and a few other things .... I really enjoyed XnView once I got used to using it .....

Please help ..... I know you don't want to see a crying Frog .....

So, you showed us anyway?

I just install XNView by using the .deb package.
I opened in Pictures directory, then I tapped super+left arrow and it cut the window to half width.
Is that what you are referring to?

1 Like

I swear you have the magic touch you can fix things by the use of telepathy .... I have no idea what you did but I've been trying to do this for 2 days .... I just opened it again to show you hit Super/Right and it worked .... :tired_face:

This is very very strange ..... I'm beginning to have tinfoil hat thoughts about my computer ..... :thinking:

My next suggestion was going to be to maximize the window using the Max Titlebutton if it didn't work.
I wonder if you opened it to fully maximized this time...

1 Like

It was set to open in full screen which may have been the problem as the 3 icons in the top right hand corner were missing again and I had to close the program by going to file folder and closing it .... I also had no way to minimize the app just like before ....

I'll be keeping a close eye on this for a while ... I was trying all different things in the settings today so just maybe something finally clicked ....

This has started again?

No I want to think it was just for this app because I had it setup wrong in settings ..... all the rest of the apps have been working fine ....

1 Like

Is Zorin prone to key-loggers .... :thinking:

No more so than anything else that could get a keylogger...

1 Like

Yes ..... again it was something stupid that I did ..... I received an email from the developer today and he said to change the setting in General / Mode and he was right ..... I did that yesterday by mistake and that is what fixed my problem .... I had it set to Full Screen .....

homer-simpson-doh-400x288

Sorry for the rant .... I feel much better today and I used my tinfoil hat to cover the turkey for tomorrow ....

b4b0d27833ad162abfa19dd766c01a609ea860f6

1 Like

Marked as Solution. :grin: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.