Zoom Meeting not getting uninstalled from my Laptop

Hey Guys,
I am facing a problem with Zoom Meetings on my Zorin OS. Actually 1 day I installed Zoom Meetings because I had some emergency meeting on Zoom and I had to attend it. So, I downloaded Zoom DEB file from Zoom's Official Website and installed it with

sudo apt dpkg -i package_name.deb
command and successfully attended the meeting as well. Since then Zoom Meeting is useless to me and no more required by me. So, I decided to uninstall Zoom Meeting because I'm aware with the security flaws of Zoom Meeting and don't want such program on my device. To achieve this I tried
sudo apt remove zoom
sudo apt purge zoom
sudo dpkg --remove zoom

But, Every single time, I fail to uninstall Zoom. I even tried to uninstall Zoom from Synaptic Package Manager but again I was unable to find Zoom there as well. Everytime I run commands it shows me the following error,

sudo apt remove zoom
[sudo] password for sambhav:            
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package zoom
sudo apt purge zoom Reading package lists... Done 
Building dependency tree 
Reading state information... Done 
E: Unable to locate package zoom 
sudo dpkg --remove zoom
dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove zoom which isn't installed

I even tried zoom-stable instead of zoom, but still get the same error.

Kindly help me with this issue.
Thank you,
Have a great day ahead.

hello,

MysteriousVampire if the package is still installed, you can right click on it, the install Linux Application will then start.
The application will then indicate if the zoom app is to be removed or installed.
So there you can make your choice.
Alternative is form the command line;

dpkg -r packagename

2 Likes

I right clicked on the Software and clicked on show details but as soon as Software Center opens, it show that No Information is available of this program as Zoom is not available in form of Snaps or Flatpaks. So, Software Center doesn't help.

I meant click on the deb file you downloaded to install. Its like pretending to install the app. If its already installed the installation app will then give the alternative to remove it.

But have you also tried the command line option?

Yes, I tried Command Line option, And this is the result-

dpkg -r zoom
dpkg: error: requested operation requires superuser privilege

Okay, The problem is solved, The name was zoom-client and Zoom is successfully uninstalled from my Laptop. Thank you for showing your concern and helping. It's really appreciated by me.
Thank you,
Have a great day ahead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.