Zoom on Zorin

Zoom on Zorin has a bit more lag than Window's time 'lag' - any way to fix it? The video setup requires no drivers and is a direct plug-and-play mike and camera combo by Jbuds. It's a tad noticeable - lol - thank you for any help. Use it for classes, doctors and such.

I have been steadily using Zoom on Zorin OS for classes daily for months and have not noticed this effect.
Nor can I think of any reasonable explanation that might differentiate it from another user on Windows.

I would recommend starting by checking your network, do a traceroute looking for packet loss and check bandwidth priority.

2 Likes

Are you using Flatpak of Zoom? If so try their .deb package from their homepage instead.

2 Likes

You might try the low latency kernel to ensure that audio and video has guaranteed CPU servicing within a set timeframe. That'll cut down on some of the lag, at least.

More info:

1 Like

I did both in the end - though downloading the Zoom app they had for Ubuntu, actually just updated the Zorin app, so I deleted the updated and kept the newest version from the Zoom site. I also did the low latency kernel - which made a more significant difference. Together - excellent. Thank you, gentlemen.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.