Zorin 16.1 Lite

Before I get to far into Zorin Lite here is a photo of my GParted partitions .... does anyone see anything wrong here or any changes I should make .... I let Zorin set up the partitions and noticed that my 200gb partition is set up ext4 which I assume is OK ..... here is a photo

I am also going to attempt to install Cinnamon DE as the default is OK but kinda hard for me to navigate as I am used to Cinnamon DE on my Asus running Zorin 16 Pro .....

I´m sure I will have other questions as I progress as many of the apps I use are not in Lites software ....

First off I´m going to do a back-up using Rescuezilla .... but at least my WiFi and BlueTooth are stable at the moment ....

That is standard. Everything looks fine.

1 Like

Thank you sir my only problem with the install was it gave me the wrong keyboard lay out ex. when I typed R it gave me a T so I could not use the internet to download anything as my password was useless .... I found the correct keyboard layout after I installed Lite .... I didn´t bother with Try but went directly into Install .... would have found the problem there I think .... anyway off to do a back-up ....

wise man!

1 Like

Well everything seems to be working fine including my printer which I used to have to disable my WiFi for it to work now it works just fine .....

Cinnamon is working perfectly as I opened System Settings in Zorin Pro on my Asus and did the same on the Acer running Zorin 16 Lite and just made all the System Settings in Lite the same as Pro.... kinda tedious but very effective .....

Found the problem with the keyboard I had inadvertently choose English (Norman) instead of English (US) but that was an easy fix ....

No sound on my snapshot like before but there is a work-a-round solved by Aravisian on the forum .... I'll just look it up ....

Not going to install Nordvpn as I don't need it on here .... if some sites don't want to open because of my location so be it ....

WiFi and BlueTooth are working fine except I must connect to BlueTooth each time I log in but so far it hasn't dropped out .... got to be the WiFi card going bad on the Asus running Zorin Pro .... I decided to just remove the card myself and take it to the repair shop for them to order one then I will reinstall it .....

OK folks I'm off to download some more apps that didn't come with Lite after which I will do another back-up of Zorin 16 lite ....

2 Likes

Surprise surprise .... I figured I'd do something to screw it all up .... yesterday evening after we got power back I decided to just delete Zorin Lite as it was so easy to install and start fresh not even using my Rescuezilla back up ....

But true to form I can't install Lite again .... it gives me no option to install along side Win 7 .... the first attempt did but said I could not install along side Win 7 now I get no chance at all as it says no other OS installed and finally the choice is no longer there .... only Format the disk or Something Else ....

Here are some photos of my Bios the first 3 when Lite worked along side Win 7 and the last 3 now and lite doesn't want to install along side Win 7

Second set taken today

I wonder if I created a partition using Partition Magic and then used my Rescuezilla to install my back up to that partition ??????????

Is Quiet Boot same as Fast Boot?
Maybe that needs to be set Disabled.

1 Like

Good suggestion .... I have no idea but the first time when it worked it was enabled but I'm up for anything at this point I will delete it and just noticed there were 2 other items enabled that weren't before .... I will disable them also .... process of elimination .... thanks

My god you sir are a genius .... that was the solution .... Lite is downloading as we speak ..... I had never heard of Quite Boot before but if anyone has it and can't get into Zorin ..... the above solution ... at least for me .... will solve the problem .... but also remember my boot mode is Legacy .....

You sir get the Happy Dance award ..... :+1: :rofl:

Dancing for Joy

1 Like

From start to reboot took 16 mins .... fantastic .... now to get customizing Zorin Lite .... using the "Installing Alongside Win 7" for dual boot worked great as long as it was not dual disks (only have 1 HD on this laptop) .....

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.