Zorin 16.1 XFCE, Panel duplicate icons

Oky! Thank you for the quick help anyway!

that sometimes happen to me with redshift only. sometimes not always. I haven't noticed that with any other app. but it seem that it is common problem in xfce:

Thank you for the article!

My Bluetooth icon just duplicated in this login
Proof :
2022-04-21_16-10
is it a bug I think so

Do you also have Status Tray Plugin and Status Notifier added to the panel items?

I think that is much the same - indicator and status...
I have never seen this happen, since I only use one of the available options at any time.
Mate or Cinnamon Desktop also offers multiple plugins that can be chosen from and used on the panel.
But it doesn't make sense to use more than one of them...

Oops. The duplication returned today... :frowning: and there is no special item in the panel elements list.
panel

And what is more interesting that it can change from boot to boot, without any change by the user (by me).
It looks like a loading order (sequence / concurrency) problem or something like that. Sometimes it has the "good" sequence, and sometimes doesnt.

1 Like

Are you using Fractional Scaling?

But I resized the panel.

1 Like

Ok let's test the resized panel for a while...

This is a strange one.

EDIT: Is Redshift an Electron App? I just read that this is common with Electron Applications...

"Is Redshift an Electron App?"
Dunno. It is the built in Redshift, comes with the OS...

But the network manager (Wifi) is also duplicated.
We got back where we started.
redshift

I found this window:

And on both tab, there is the Redshift, but not the network manager...
But! the "hálózat" and "hálózatkezelő kisalkalmazás" is the hungarian network and network manager applet...

1 Like

But i dont know what can i do with this...
And i dont know that is it good, or not. They should appear on both tabs, or shouldnt.

I want also to know the using of that window, when I get Redshift twice, I go to that window and go to the second tab of it , and try delete it from second tab(systray icon) I do random things like check and uncheck redshift and click clear known items, but the result effect is after restart, and that worked for me in redshift, but what i do is random. The second thing I was facing that problem was because of installing other desktop environment beside xfce like kde ( make me have a lot of problems in xfce). when I was searching for that I found other talked about that path : /home/(your username)/.config/autostart. and delete items which u have unchecked it from session&startup, but it still not deleted from that file and affect on other icon like wifi to appear twice.

Clicking your link, it suggests installing libappindicator1.
I just tested that and... odd:

The following additional packages will be installed:
  libdbusmenu-gtk4
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libappindicator1 libdbusmenu-gtk4

GTK4? What?

that odd, it's working with me like any link. u can copy it and paste go.

sorry, I thought u talk about the link is not working or harm,
I'm bad in English, I understanding now u talk about surprising of link about gtk4.

1 Like

I can beat that:
I am bad at every language that isn't English.
And I'm not that great at English.

1 Like

the new release and features of gtk4,will be added in the next update, or it take time , or it done manually by installing the packages?