Zorin 16.1 XFCE, Panel duplicate icons

I was surprised because Zorin is using GTK3.38. GTK4 is quite very new...
Why is that package referencing GTK4, at all?

yes , i understand. I search for that but no thing on xfce blog about that, but I found that link talk about Xubuntu release
https://inf.news/ne/tech/c7958670740fca5d369d11d690a00208.html

edit: in xfce.org. there r announcements for release for panel,terminal,plugin,thuner
Announcements / Xfce Forums

1 Like

Today first boot :smiley:
panel_2022-04-22_07-32-04

Two Redshift but only one Wifi...

1 Like

from the window that u have shown above , second tab:systray icons, click on clear known items, and when u restart the pc , it should be one icon for Redshift. If that doesn't work, u can look at this link

Thanks for the link!
One question. If I clear known items from that list, that doesnt remove all items, and not just Redshift? If so, how can I restore the rest? So I am not so brave to push that button... :slight_smile:
In the accepted answer of the link that you linked, it is mentioned what I was assumed about some sort of sequence and/or concurrency problem... It is obvious when something behaves different in a program from start to start without any other changes, it means that somewhere in the execution process there is a sequence / concurrency / locking random error that can cause this behaviour.

And after the last login: :slight_smile:
panel_2022-04-22_16-59-35

Double Redshift and double Wifi.

Variety is the spice of life. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl: just killed me

1 Like

Ok, I stop crying about this glitch. And I dont want to overheat it. I proved to myself that it is a random phenomenon. I can live with it, and I assume it will be fixed by someone (Zorin, XFCE, etc.) or I will be told how to fix it. And if wont thats not a big deal either, I like Zorin Os!

1 Like

I don't know , but I think it is bug xfce, it go and back, I found a lot of thread in all xfce distro , talking about it. and there r different solution for it, some work with others, and not work with others.
but I think that bug return again in the last update. but I notice that, when we have twice icon for wifi, or other applet, the applet exists in the status notifiers and systray icon in the same time. the question may be why sometimes the wifi or redshift items exists in systray icons?

For the first time ever...
I just experienced Blueman - Bluetooth Manager duplicated in the Status Try Indicator on Zorin OS 16 Lite.
I killed hte process and restarted it and it's back to one... I wonder what caused it...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.