Zorin 16.2 freezing problem

I am using zorin 16.2 and facing freezing problem on my laptop. I installed zorin couple of months ago and it was well but i have been facing freezing problem since 2 weeks. It disrupts my daily activities.My Laptop specifications are Core i7 ,32 GB RAM,512 SSD,Thinkpad P52. I have graphics and installed NVIDIA Corporation GP107GLM [Quadro P1000 Mobile] / Mesa Intel® UHD driver. please help

Can you run journalctl -b -1 -e in terminal following a freeze and subsequent reboot and relay the output here?

Apr 23 08:00:29 mithu-ThinkPad-P52 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting /run/user/1000.
Apr 23 08:00:29 mithu-ThinkPad-P52 gdm3[905]: Gdm: Failed to contact accountsservice: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.Accounts: Refusing activation, D-Bus is shutting down.

Those two error logs i found

Can you try running:

sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-os-desktop && sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

Reboot and test if freezing... (Not sure how often you experience the freezes...)

indeed i run (sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade) those command several times and also check your solution from forum. will i run sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-os-desktop ?
Actually during my work time ,it is suddenly become freeze and i have to force shutdown.

Yes, run sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-os-desktop as this will reinstall GDM.

Still remain same problem, got stuck and cannot open any application. I am just replying from my mobile phone. Could you tell me how can i fix.

Or you logging in on Wayland?

Have you installed any Gnome Shell extensions recently?

You could try disabling all extensions except the Zorin App Menu and testing for freezing. If no freezes, re-enable each extension until it freezes. If an extension freezes it- that narrows down the problem.

I did not install Gnome shell extensions

Then one that is already part of the default package may be the culprit. I can only suggest:

Gnome Freezes are a known thing and we can also try searching the web for other possibilities - But I would start with the extensions, first.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.