I recently installed Zorin OS 16 (after a while on 15.3), and it worked flawlessly for a day or so, until this morning it won't connect to internet.
- WiFi works fine
- i can ping my router using its IP address (and access its web interface)
- i can ping a NAS on the LAN using its name (and access its web interface)
- i CANNOT ping any website (nor access it obviously)
- Connection by ethernet cable makes no difference
- I have not -knowingly- tampered anything with regards to firewall, iptables or anything else network related
- I do however have installed ProtonVPN and ProtonMail Bridge (and i don't mean to point fingers as those have never been an issue in the past several years)
Any help much appreciated, if that can save a re-install bound to lead to the same issue.