Zorin Connect Problem

Bro, yes.

Yo, you can like, totally like, remove Zorin connect with like:

sudo apt remove --purge gnome-shell-extension-zorin-connect

Once like, done, it will be like, not able to like interfere with KDEConnect, homie.

3 Likes

Bruh, Thnks my man

1 Like

bruh.

2 Likes

BRUH, so I use the Zorin Connect app on my phone. Ngl Zorin Team did very well on it.

2 Likes

bruh :sunglasses:

1 Like

I found out something, the reason why ZorinConnect wasn't working is because of Micro G. I fixed it by turning Battery Optimization off for ZorinConnect. Hope this helps anyone with Micro G!

2 Likes

:yellow_square:
for you.
(I lost the count ...)

2 Likes

Oh wait, I also have to give you the same thing. :yellow_square:

1 Like

I'll put it on my hamburger.

3 Likes

Should I start a new thread called "Micro G causing Zorin Connect and KDE Connect to fail"?

I realized that I can't run it as a background process any more, when I close the app (not just going out of it) it will just disconnect. It isn't really that big of a deal. I also realize there might be something else also making ZorinConnect fail on my phone.

You could. Maybe it can produce helpful output.

Nothing happens when it closed or anything, I thought Micro G was not letting it do its thing but I think it's just my OS or something closing it, this also happens with KDE Connect now.

The app can only run in the background for about 30 minutes and it just stops.

Sounds more like your Network is dropping out.

Ouh you know what that might be it, I also have the same problem with Microsoft's Phone app. I don't have any problems with gaming or having a video conference tho.

1 Like

I just noted current Zorin OS Updates- includes a bug fix for Zorin Connect.
Might be worth checking out. :wink:

2 Likes

KDE connect just works for me, that said I did install full KDE on Zorin 16 - never had an issue in Devuan 3.0 either with KDE connect - just works and you need to make sure you are using same wifi connection. :wink:
Haven't setup Firewall yet to see if that makes a difference though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.