Zorin Connect Problem

Hi, Zorin connect randomly disconnects all the time, I also want Zorin Connect to pair automatically.

My Laptop:

Host: Aspire S3 1.15 
Kernel: 5.11.0-27-generic 
Uptime: 48 mins 
Packages: 2418 (dpkg) 
Shell: bash 5.0.17 
Resolution: 1366x768 
DE: GNOME 
WM: Mutter 
WM Theme: ZorinBlue-Dark 
Theme: ZorinBlue-Dark [GTK2/3] 
Icons: ZorinBlue-Dark [GTK2/3] 
Terminal: gnome-terminal 
CPU: Intel i5-2467M (4) @ 2.300GHz 
GPU: Intel 2nd Generation Core Proce 
Memory: 1920MiB / 3784MiB 

My Phone:

Device Vivo Y15 (vivo1901)
OS	Android 9.0 (Pie), Funtouch 9
Chipset	Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
CPU	Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU	PowerVR GE8320
Internal RAM 4GB RAM
Storage 64GB & microSDXC (dedicated slot)
WLAN	Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth	5.0, A2DP, LE
GPS	Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
NFC	No
Radio	FM radio
USB	microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
Sensors	Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
BATTERY  Li-Po 5000 mAh (non-removable)
Port   microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go & 3.5mm jack
SELFIE CAMERA	Single	16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.06", 1.0µm
Video	1080p@30fps
Display IPS LCD Size 6.35 inches, 99.6 cm2 (~81.4% screen-to-body ratio & Resolution 720 x 1544 pixels (~268 ppi density)
Dimensions 159.4 x 76.8 x 8.9 mm (6.28 x 3.02 x 0.35 in)
Weight	190.5 g (6.74 oz)
Build	Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
SIM	Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)

I think the phone need to be connected to the local network using WiFi. I wonder if your phone has some sort of power saving setting which cuts WiFi after a certain amount of time.
I still hang on to my old Japanese Sony Xperia (Android 7) and I cannot verify that for you.

1 Like

I don't think so, Zorin Connect just disconnects without any warning. I also don't have any problem while I was using other distro with KDE Connect which is what Zorin Connect is based of so it should function the same.

1 Like

I remember @Aravisian said somewhere there is an internal difference between KDE connect and Zorin connect. I hope he will pitch in when he is back.

1 Like

Ok I will just wait for @Aravisian then

2 Likes

It depends on how far into detail you want to go. KDE Connect is a modular application that you can install and run on any distro and on any desktop. It is built in the QT toolkit.
GSConnect or ZorinConnect are adapted to be used in gnome-shell as a gnome-extension. It can only be used on Gnome.
Essentially, in use and performance, they are the same. But ZorinConnect / GSConnect both have additional code to tie them into the Gnome-Shell. Which... is a problem with all Gnome-Extensions.
Because any hiccup in gnome-shell, any conflict within, can then send any extension into haywire unpredictably. This is also true for any conflict within a gnome-extension, which can cause it to not only crash gnome-shell, but to affect other portions of the gnome desktop, also somewhat unpredictably.

:expressionless:
Seriously.

Zorin Connect is a great addition to Zorin OS. But it is still a gnome-extension with all that that means...
I use KDEConnect on Zorin and I simply have never had any problems with it whatsoever.
I do have Zorin Connect installed... and it connects automatically and does relay messages during the brief times I log into Gnome Desktop to test something or investigate a user issue. I cannot say with any certainty whether I had problems with it, because I don't use it long enough. I may have and simply not noticed.

2 Likes

But QT and GTK tho

1 Like

@Kedric
I thought you quit for the night :wink:

3 Likes

Nah, Im now having my secret supper. I have some Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, some instant noodles with hard boiled egg and a cup of soda.

3 Likes

@Aravisian so do I just install KDE Connect? I don't like the idea but ok I guess. You know what, I'm going to give GS connect a try first.

1 Like

I will reply if I encounter an issue, etc

1 Like

I'll admit to being curious as to why you don't like the idea... I mean if it is pretty much the same in how you perceive it and it works... Why wouldn't you?

1 Like

Well this got weird, Im now very confused

There exactly the same

1 Like

QT stuff on Gtk my brain man!

1 Like

Um how do I remove Zorin Connect? @Aravisian Zorin Connect is using the port that GS connect NEEDS same for KDE Connect both programs don't work with Zorin COnnect there.

1 Like

Yep.
Installing GS Connect won't actually change anything at all. If you want to see if making a change in the installation would work, you would be better off just reinstalling Zorin Connect.

As above, I am using KDE Connect - and Zorin Connect is also installed - without port conflicts. Just use GUFW to ensure that the ports are open for the apps.

2 Likes

Bruh, I'll see what I can do

2 Likes

Brah
I mean,
Bruh

3 Likes

Bruh is it supposed to install this much stuff? Screenshot from 2021-09-03 22-57-11

2 Likes

Bruh, Zorin Connect being in the system menu bothers me alot. Plus Zorin Connect keeps turning itself on why?

2 Likes