Zorin Dock (bottom) doesn't show on touchpad mouse hover (Zorin 16)

When I use my mouse to push the cursor towards the bottom of the screen the zorin dock shows (on the bottom). However if I use my touchpad to do the same it doesn't show the dock. For some reason the touchpad cursor works when the dock is at the top or left but fails on the right or bottom .

Which layout are you using? Do you have any other gnome-extensions? Can you also give me some system information. Maybe give a pic of your layout if you don't mind.

1 Like

Are you talking about the intel hide feature?!
Intelhide Feature On:

Intelhide Feature Off:

1 Like

If you wonder why I center my applications:
I center them because while using Windows 11, I got used to dragging my mouse to the bottom but I still can't use the start menu at the center so this layout stuck.

1 Like

Yes the intellihide. I am using default layout, disabled taskbar and enabled zorin dash. I thought that too was the issue so I tried other layouts with docks and had the same issue. The same issue happens with dash to dock too.

1 Like

I actually don't have that issue, If I hover my mouse with my touch pad the panel will show.

2 Likes

Do you have touchpad synaptics installed?

I want to be clear: I was stumped the moment I read the O.P. I have no idea why the touchpad would work differently.
But... sometimes exploring all thinks helps us stumble into a solution even if not done with wisdom and knowledge.

2 Likes

I have a feeling is that @Zespire probably installed something that broke it. I think it's probably gnome extensions.

1 Like

@Aravisian what does X11 Gesture do?

1 Like

What's the package name? I'm not sure if I have it. image

I see it- xserver-xorg-input-synaptics

X11 is the portion of X-Window manager that governs the Cursors. All cursors.
In modern times, this includes touch and gesture, as well.

1 Like

Does Dash to Panel has the same problem? Because my smoll brain can't think of what's making it bad.

1 Like

Yep, I also removed all extensions and still having the same issue. What is even weirder is that the intilihide works if the dock is positioned at the top or left but not the bottom or right.

1 Like

@Aravisian any Idea? You know what imma use intel hide for like a week and see can I get the same thing.

1 Like

I just did sudo apt install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, rebooted and it works now!

Thanks for taking the time to help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.