Zorin Forum app on my Samsung galaxy phone

I've tried turning on Bluetooth, my Nuc (I don't use a laptop) connects fast and easy with with my phone. Also connecting with a cable works perfect.

It's only that now for a few days that I'm using my phone as a hotspot, because my modem (WIFI) is broken and will be replaced soon. So in the mean while I use internet while being connected to my phone as a hotspot.

Usually I don't have problems when I connect my phone with my computer "nuc", may it be Bluetooth or WIFI. The Bluetooth works fine and smooth, connects all my devices. Also when I use Wifi I DO NOT have problems connecting and using Zorin connect.

But because of this exceptional situation of me having to use my phone as a hotspot so I can still internet on my computer "nuc", I tried connecting with Zorin, but sadly with no good result. Even though I disable my GUFW (firewall settings) it won't connect, this because when u start the apps either; Zorin connect or KDE connect - they require WIFI !!

I was just wondering why using my phone as a hotspot wont let zorin connect - connect. I guess this is a protocol issue and Zorin/KDE connect only accepts connection through WIFI.

Which version and flavour of ZorinOS are you running. e.g. Z16Core or Pro, or Maybe Z15.3 Lite etc.

Zorin16Core.

By the way I hope I explaining the issue clear enough.
So while connected to my phone with mobile hotspot;
I don't have problems using my computer eg Zorin16Core - everything runs perfect.

I was just trying to connect "Zorin connect" to the same phone which uses Mobile data instead of wifi and functions as a hotspot - and this wont work because as said "zorin connect" demands WIFI.

OK. Just checking what version you have. Because if you have ZorinOS Lite, then you need to use KDE Connect instead of Zorin Connect.

Sorry, whats wrong here I said I have -->>> ZORIN16CORE installed. In normal situations (when using Wifi) I am able to connect to Zorin connect with my phone without any problems.

You mention KDE Connect here. That's why I asked.

Yeah I know, sorry for the misinterpretation. I have them both installed on my phone. Working perfectly and connecting easily to Zorin16Core when I'm using WIFI. There is no problem what so ever.

I was just wondering why, while using mobile hotspot from phone, the computer won't connect with Zorin connect. But then again I guess its a loop - my computer connected to my phone using mobile internet and at the same time trying to connect to the same phone with zorin connect. Its creates a circle which doesn't work.

while you're using the phone as a hotspot it cannot connect using zorin connect because the radio is already in use. If your device had two radios, then it would be possible. Some of the newer phones come with multiple interface wnics, and multiple antennas....seems yours doesn't have that option. There is no work around for hardware limitation, unless you are willing to open your phone and upgrade the nic...you'll need soldering iron, flux, a really small tip, order the card you want in it (making sure its compatible with the current chipsets and it's not an all in one number)....

2 Likes

Thank you for the fine explanation. sorry but I don't feel like preforming such a surgery on my phone, I guess opening and closing will be hard enough lol.

I have a new modem now and again am able to use WIFI, so I can connect my phone with Zorin connect. Again thank u for the suggestion and good effort.

1 Like

I using a cable mobile connect with Zorin.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.