Zorin free or paying?

I have some contact with people who also are developers some linux distributions.
What they say?
Creating a linux distributions isn't simple and free! Question could be how it possibble.
Well that is important everything around internet and servers.
The cost paying to dedidcated servers and host webside.
Zorin have a webside and files where you can download free and buy version.
That means also this forum what exist here need people to administration, they follow the rules this forum I mean administrators and people who put heart and time help another people.
One person told me once upon time - respect people who share with you a time.
They always can spend that time on another things.
I can sayed this forum is like a family party on some pub.
We have some days when we smiling,crying,angry,sad - that the human nature and that is ok.
The next day gived us new experiences.
Take care all and have a nice day!

3 Likes

The Zorin's do pay to host this forum, their main site, the blog, even the domain name. They offer a free version for those that want the experience and maybe can't afford as well as believing that an OS shouldn't have to be paid. They offer the free to comply with the GNU license and, like red hat, offer support for installation for paid.

The whole point to paying for software is to support the development, since you never receive anything but a license to use it (it still belongs to the developers). This is lost in most people, even still, because they are used to buying goods. Intellectual property (software) is more like buying a service. You don't retain the knowledge of the tech that fixes your car or any of the movies from a streaming service. You pay for the current use (delivery of service) but actually gain nothing physical.

3 Likes

Thanks @337harvey for explanation.
Yes that what i want sayed people don't understandable what it exactly means.
I am pretty sure if i paying license my version Zorin always will be updated.
I wondering if paying license is more smoothly from core or lite free distribution?
Bugs are more repaired on paying distribution and then comes in time in free Zorin version? Because with paying you get more but with free you have some limitations.

1 Like

Both free and paid version are right choices. Even if you download the free version, your download is part of a global stat that indicates how many people downloaded Zorin OS, giving it much relevance and trust, thus leading new users to download the OS in the future, and the cycle continues.

1 Like

I remember always new version Zorin was in top 10

1 Like

Interesting, which website you used to see a clear ranking? I found this:

I see nothing good about Zorin values :disappointed:. And also noticed that Drauger OS misses on the list :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

The updates are not filtered by pay, they are released to both without restriction. As you should know, being on the forum as long as you have been, there is nothing held back for the free version. The paid version has layouts and bundled software the free version doesn't. The paid version has installation support from the developers directly, where free users must use the web or this forum to troubleshoot issues. That is the difference.

1 Like

Yes but like always in newer versions something can be changed also on the main webside Zorin about product Zorin 17.
I never know - one what I know now is now and what will be next release exactly I don't know.

I don't care if Zorin OS is top 10 or not. I only care if it is a great OS for me.

5 Likes

Yes it is important it will be suit for you and another members this forum.

Basically the Pro version is for people who want to support the project. They work on this OS full time and need money to pay for that. I wish them all the luck on this endeavor. I am probably buying 17 Pro when it launches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.