Zorin Lite 15.3 - password login screen on live session while installing?

Hello,
I am trying to install Zorin OS Lite 15.3 on an old Sony Vaio laptop (model VGN-FE41E if that’s important) so that my cousin can use it for online school, but I have gottten into a rather odd situation. While in the installer, on the step where you have the 3 checkboxes for the automatic update install and whatnot, after I click “next”, the computer freezes for around 10 seconds, and then sends me to a lock screen for some reason? It is password locked, and just trying to get in with no password given doesn’t work either. The only account avalible is “Other…”. I have checked the USB beforehand for errors using the given tool and it seems to be fine. Any ideas to what’s going on?

@manto6012 Hi and welcome to the Forum.
You said you checked the USB, but did you check the SHA256 checksum of the Zorin download?
If USB and download checksum are good, does the USB boot in Live mode. i.e. Try Zorin.
I would also have a look here: USB boot install

Also worth your time having a look at Swarfendor’s unofficial manual for Zorin 15.3 here: Unofficial Manual for Zorin 15

Yes, the hashes are right, and yes, it boots into Live Mode without any problems. And I have also had installed Zorin OS 15-15.2 on multiple systems in the past without any issues like this one, so I know what to do. Why do you think the system would do that so unexpectedly?
Edit 1: Apparently, installing Xubuntu first somehow fixed it? I’m not really sure. But it’s still going very slowly for some reason, and I’m not sure what can cause such bottleneck. Maybe if I just wait for an hour or something it will go away…

This may not help but how about not checking the automatic update option? Just keep the installer offline and update once the system is up and running.
I wonder if this is some UEFI or other Windows boot remnant interfering - just a guess. Check the first link that @zabadabadoo posted - #3 & #4 show you how to disable Windows interference.

If you get past that, some suggestions on partitioning: Partitioning during installation