Zorin lite freezing while installing

Is this BIOS?

1 Like

I don't have windows 10 I deleted it I now only have zorin lite

1 Like

You are in the BIOS

1 Like

Yes, that is the BIOS screen above. Move to the Security Tab.

1 Like

It freezes at this point

How can I go to Secure boot mode?

This is strange, it appears to be freezing while its doing the GRUB install. As long as the ISO is OK, and the USB flash drive is OK, and the burn to it went OK, and the condition of your hard drive you are trying to install to is OK, then I am stumped.

SECURE BOOT MODE. Change to DISABLED please

And while you are there, please turn off the TPM too.

Once you do those things, you can move over to the BOOT tab so we can get FAST BOOT off too.

How can I go down After clicking arrow down key I can't go down

One option is to completely wipe and format the drive prior to attempting to install Zorin OS.

Otherwise, when the installer freezes, enter tty byt using the keyboard shortcut ctrl+alt+F2.
Enter in this exact command:

ps | grep dmsetup

This will give the PID for dmsetup. Use that PID to kill the process:

kill -9 (PID from above)

For example, let's say the PID above is 1234:

kill -9 1234

Repeat this a couple times, if need be, untl the tty states dmsetup create XXX cannot be found
Once this happens, use ctrl+alt+F6 or ctrl+alt+F1 to return to the desktop and continue the installer.

There is a legend at the bottom of your screen that tells you which keys change values and how to navigate. I can't quite see it in the screenshot, but trust me, they are down there, I just can't read which ones are which.

Select item is Arrow Up and down

Right, select SECURE BOOT MODE with the arrow keys. Then I think your going to hit the ENTER key to bring up a sub menu on that one, then choose DISABLED. I could be wrong and this is one where you use F5 F6 keys to change its value.

Once thats changed go to BOOT tab, and lets get FAST BOOT disabled. And once you get done doing that next, then press the F10 key to save changes and exit.

Didn't work it is still freezed no key combination or key is working except power key, Can you tell how can I switch back to win 8.1?

You would need to get and install a copy of Windows 8 and then apply any updates and patches.

Otherwise, you may need to try using rEFInd to install zorin OS Lite.

1 Like

I was installing win 8.1 in fire fox but after 1.5 gb it told download failed. Then retried again download failed. Is there a solution?

I am not sure... But can you please check the Integrity of the Drive (S.M.A.R.T.) and see that it is OK?

I put a lot of effort in support on this one. Since the OP has given up on installing Zorin OS, and is returning to Windows, I will also no longer provide support for this user.

My personal opinion?

Going back to Windows becoming a slave of Microsoft is never the answer, there is always another way.

Good Day

How can I check my disk?

How to turn off tpm?