Zorin Lite Layout Options

Zorin 15 Lite is the most beautiful XFCE configuration I’ve seen across the Linux landscape. I purchased the Ultimate edition, and I plan to purchase 16 when it comes out as well. That said, I think it would be great if the Ultimate edition of 16 offered a vertical taskbar option. I like my taskbar to live on the left-hand side of the screen, but when I move it, the icons don’t look right. There spacing is off, and the clock remains in a vertical state. Having a vertical taskbar layout option to address this issue would be a huge plus for the upcoming (and highly anticipated) release.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

1 Like

15 posts were split to a new topic: MOVED: Upgrading Zorin Ultimate & resultant discussion

Wow. That was an interesting conversation. I’ll bring it back on track by adding that I hope the Zorin team continues to do great work, and I look forward to 16 so I can benefit from the improvements made in Ubuntu 20.04.

Though, I will say that I do find the reinstall requirement a bit problematic. Maybe there’s a way to include an upgrade feature on the Ultimate ISO. Hmm…:thinking:

The Zorin Team has expressed that they have set a priority to looking into that feature, hopefully in time for Zorin 16. This currently is rumor, not set in stone. This is not a feature that would be exclusive to Zorin Ultimate, however, to the best of my knowledge.
I had tested the Upgrade Feature in another thread and I discovered that it has certain perils of its own...

I do not have any reason to believe that a Zorin Version of the feature could make a substantive difference to those downsides.

That’s good to hear that the team is looking into it.

You probably already know this, but with the .3 update we got the same kernel as Ubuntu 20.04, which in many ways is the majority of the 20.04 updates.

Not the same things as all of the packages moving forward, but still a nice bump.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Upgrading hplip in Zorin OS for Scanner