Zorin. my new distro!

I really hope they will switch their base. At least to Debian. Ubuntu is not popular this year :slight_smile:

To what ? Most linux distros use ubuntu as base or arch linux

There are other options, too.

There are not many distro's using debian, i wonder why ubuntu is more popular then debian...while ubuntu is based on it :thinking:

I was watching a video, forget where it was now, but they were talking about how Ubuntu used to be the most popular distro in Linux. But because of their actions, in combination with Gnome, people in Linux don't really think about Ubuntu anymore, well, that was his opinion, thats what he said.

But I think that Ubuntu is still a major player in our beginner operating systems like Zorin in the like. But he did make a strong argument for LITE based distro's and the like. We will see where the Zorin's go, but they have refused to talk about it, even though I hailed them to speak on this matter as such.

So I guess we will never know where the Zorin's go, until they take us there, as that has always been the theme that they go with. So for example, if Zorin OS 17 suddenly uses LITE, with options of KDE, Plasma, whatever its called, and Gnome and Ubuntu is gone the wayside or whatever, then we have our answer.

2 Likes

I love your Star Wars quotes in your posts.

1 Like

I find your lack of faith disturbing

2 Likes

And your faith in your distro's is yours. HAHA.

I know, as much as I am in love with Star Trek, I am also in love with Star Wars, yes, and Space-Balls too. Would you like another since you seem to appreciate them?

The context is, Zorin LITE has been released, and you see it on my screen...

You want this, don't you? Well take my LITE and and install it, and your journey to the LITE side will be complete. Ohhhhhh, I'm quite afraid I'll already have mine installed, by the time your ISO arrives.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don't underestimate the power of the dark side.

Just an addition to my first post.
Before my comeback, I was on Endeavour (Arch) and Fedora.

What I like with those two distros are fully customizable installation. From apps, you can choose core, base of every DE. You don't need to install any app. Totally it is up to user. That is what I missed here. Ofc, we have minimal install, but it is not really minimal (still lot of apps are here).

But I get it. Zorin vision is to get it easier as possible after Windows switch. But yeah, that is for noobs and newbies xD. It would be great if there is another version, for those who wants play more :slight_smile:

I tried to figured from where Zorin installer taking list about installation, but it is not easy like on Arch.

But after all, I forgot how Zorin is stable, beautiful and easy distro to use.
I will stay on Pro until Lite version is out :slight_smile: And maybe than, I will switch to Pro back, who knows xD

Zorin OS Pro includes Zorin OS Pro Lite. You also get dibs as soon as it is released.

Marko, you just contradicted yourself a bit.

I often take Zorin OS apart, tearing down walls, removing fixtures, then building it back up into the home I want it to be. it is not easily done with a GUI app that does all that for me, true... But then...

1 Like

Damn, after you, I feel like a.

What I wanted to tell, it is easy to use, like " plug and play" .Basically you dont need experience with linux.

What is not easy, in this case, to figure process about installation. Ubiquity is more complex than Calamares (arch). But I was with Arch more than 2 y, so I am more familiar. Maybe soon I will figure Ubiquity also xD

I have Plenty of complaints about Ubiquity. I have never experienced Calamares, though. Maybe I will play around with that.
Arch used to be Top Dog in Linux. But these days it has reduced itself to a porgy with a pitbull attitude and delusions of grandeur.

1 Like

After Arch, my new favorite is Fedora. Fedora Everything is perfect for experiment.
You can install whatever you want :slight_smile: interesting for exploring

1 Like

But I am stopping here , with Zorin.
I am tired of my distro hopping. it is time consuming and after all, every distro is almost the same ( can be )

3 Likes

Welcome to Free BSD :wink:

1 Like

Nah, never tried it. I am fine Zorin really :slight_smile:

Covid got me , to bring that decision xd

I managed to install Free BSD but I could not go much further after that.

It was like going back to a good/bad old days in 1980's trying to figure out file dependencies in Slackware.

1 Like

I totally agree. As soon as Zorin Lite 16 is out, my distro hopping is finished.... I hope.

2 Likes