Zorin on Discord

Can someone please explain the fascination with creating Discord places? Is there something over there going on that the actual forum isn't doing?

I could see if this was actually on FB, Twitter or some other goofy place, but it isn't.

And also why I should follow a link from someone on the forum for all of one day....

2 Likes

you can talking voice also sharing a desktop with problem faster from writing and more funcionally. Discord is very popular.

I see the same fad repeating itself.
MyPlace, Linkedin, Facebook... list goes on.

I suppose Discord is the most trendy thing to follow these days.

3 Likes

i don't use thousand app and social software.

1 Like

The last thing I want is a talking voice, :rofl: I'm there for one of my services that I use, It's all they have and I'll leave it there.... :wink:

Yup, until something "better" comes along. I'll take the old forum style run by the distro any day. Though I have to admit, I do miss myspace.... also AOL chat rooms along with being able to use Pidgin to message

2 Likes

I use Pidgin to communicate with my husband in the same house.
He is in downstairs and I do not have to shout to him that the meal is ready.
:plate_with_cutlery:

2 Likes

Then your house must be a palace. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nor does my wife. If I do not turn up, I don't get a hot meal, simple.
I trust FP does not extend use of Pidgin to communicate with husband at the dinner table. :rofl: No wrong generation.

Ahhh. I suspect a thread deviation coming on.

3 Likes

I don't have a wife I have a forum Zorin here. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah but the forum is not as hot as a.... meal, :grin:

4 Likes

DO NOT underestimate Frenchmen's passion towards hot meal.
My husband will drop anything he is doing at that moment when I announce a lunch/dinner time.
He even rush to the table for Sushi, which is anything but hot.
:sushi:

1 Like

Far from it.
It is because the stir-case is in a very awkward spot for both of us.

Life is difficult and writing a many histories books.

1 Like

Ever installed a speaking tube:
Bridge to Engine Room, dinner is served!

1 Like

Sometimes when I forgot to open Pidgen, he calls me via fixed phone in my office to let me know that he needs to print so many pages on the RasPi network printer so that I will make sure there are enough papers in the tray.

2 Likes

The best training some animals writing some a letter with some words put on "dog leash" and send or a car with a camera.

Ha Ha. Reminds me of work when I used to print stuff at different offices. I get back to my own office and print a doc and nothing found on the printer. Do it again, still nothing. Get mad at the printer. Then find I have default printer set to a device in another office 200 miles away. Ho Hum.

2 Likes

Forum Artificial (Un)Intelligence trapped your posting.

I recommend you to use a chemical formula for this word.
(Hydrogen + Oxygen)

Oh, I thought it had picked up on "m a d" as a bad word. The Hydrogen + Oxygen one is difficult to avoid at Christmas.

1 Like

(Hydrogen + Oxygen) x 3 = :santa: