Zorin OS 15.3 lite is not installed

I have an Acer Aspire ES1-732 laptop. I am trying to install Zorin OS 15.3 Lite. Installation goes to "Running grub-install / dev / sda" and stops. What have you been doing:

1. Disabled Secure boot.
  2. Tried Zorin 15.3 Core.
  3. Tried Rufus, Universal-USB-Installer, UNetbootin.
    I install only Zorin OS, no second OS.
    Need help.

Hi Andrewbest, welcome to the forum.
Did you check the hash of the iso before burning it, to avoid corrupted or invalid files? Is this a 32bit system (i don't think so, but asking just the same) and did you get the correct version x86 64 when you downloaded the iso?

Also, is your machine using mbr or efi? In rufus, it'll recommend to burn the iso differently depending on whether it's an mbr or efi system.

Yes.
Is this a 32bit system (i don't think so, but asking just the same) and did you get the correct version x86 64 when you downloaded the iso?
I downloaded the x64 version.
My laptop is using uefi.

You can try configuring as "Primary" instead of as "logical" using the "Something Else" option during installation.

If you have an SSD, it may be that the ubiquity installer is defaulting to /dev/sda when your computers drive is /dev/sdb.

You might try runnung Grub Repair on your current installation and see if that helps you get loaded up, where you can update the system and have a completed install:

Is Your Computer 64Bits Environment?

Yes his configuration is 64bit

Then It's OK to Install 15.3 Lite and Core

Yes, you can. You can use this tutorial if you don't want gnome anymore, or both:

Did not help

to /dev/sda

Maybe this is the problem

1 Like

Chances are, you have searched this issue by now and found the same stuff... but