Zorin os 16.2

Dear guyz now
i really in a problem i guess
-i installed before gnome 40 and 41 repos

• the partial upgrades came
    -ZorinOS 16.2

i did install gnome 41 and 40 and also i partial upgrade every thing is going fine which only try locate some files but i resttart as appears on screen
    Now i am stuck in black boot screen

How can i move forward for using zorin os 16. 2 please help

Nope i think here the output

What method did you use

First i install these commands on this page then after that zorin os get a partial upgrades which turned into 16.2

Can i restore again from timeshift or resolve this issue for using zorin os 16.2​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::thinking:

Normally... such guides are reasonably safe. Third Party PPA's are, as well.
But Zorin OS uses its own repositories with dependencies and this is likely true for other Ubuntu-Based distros, as well.
In adding the repo, it adds packages that are different than the dependencies for Zorin OS.
Gnome4+ is meant for the latest releases and trying to install it on previous releases must run into glib and gcc dependencies. I really do not see how they couldn't... unless that repository specifically accounted for each of these dependencies and included that in the debian files-which it appears it has not.

That is a perfectly reasonable option to try. Don't forget your DNS. :wink:

2 Likes

Will

sudo apt --fix-missing update
sudo apt update
sudo apt install -f

Not work for him ?

Or

sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo dpkg -l | grep ^..r
sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq
sudo apt clean
sudo apt update
1 Like

Michel, I just start a dist upgrade but I find errors of missing updates and receive an update from the software center now Can you please solve these issues
Screenshot from 2022-11-16 00-37-09
Screenshot from 2022-11-16 00-36-46
Screenshot from 2022-11-16 00-36-07

1 Like

@Aravisian yesterday I recovered my system at my previous stag
but now Zorin itself share updates and I am confused now if suppose I upgrade it and restart then maybe I face consequences again & i don't wanna see again a boot terminal screen

@Aravisian
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/yellow_carp_gpu_info.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vangogh_gpu_info.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_rlc.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/sienna_cichlid_mes.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/navi10_mes.bin for module amdgpu
these are majors which is missing firmware

"I run again

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

then in response which showed that all packages are updated"
So what I suppose to do

The "Possible Missing Firmware" message is a rather simplified warning message that often means that there is a "placeholder" you could call it... noting possible future additions to the kernel.
That Possible Missing Firmware message can be safely ignored the majority of the time. And I have had them disappear upon the next kernel upgrade.

I prefer to just install the firmware (Which you can follow how-to in the links posted above) just because I am finicky.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.