Zorin OS 16 is the ALMOST perfect newcomer's distro

I did right after you did yours as there were only 2 vote and I assumed the first one was yours ... LOL

By the way that is the second time I had that happen in the past 3 days .... no big deal was just curious ....

1 Like

Oops, I did not see that, sorry :sweat_smile:

This artificial (un)intelligence even traps moderator's postings. It is mighy strange to approve my own posting :roll_eyes:
Really nothing to worry about. It is just a stupid computer algorithm.

2 Likes

alfred_e_neuman

2 Likes

The first word in this sequence is the cause.
I am sure I need not explain what it is being mistaken for...
I imagine that around Christmas time, we may see more trapped posts.

Each major release would require a new purchase, yes.

3 Likes

LOL .... interesting I had one other word that was considered not excepted here on this board but it made me change it before I posted .... good thing we do have big brother watching or I would be in a world of (you know what) .... thanks for the explanation ....

(testing)
Ho Ho Ho :santa:

[edit]
Yup, I got caught as well.

2 Likes

I saw that...:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I got an idea.

(hydrogen + oxygen) x 3 :santa:

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh ... somehow that kinda looses it's meaning unless your into chemistry ... LOL

1 Like

I had to search around to find what it was all about :face_with_monocle:
It is a bit a toll order for non-native speakers like myself.

I got the pro version to support the devs because I think Zorin Is a really great distro coming from Windows. I rate it higher than POP! and Mint and I would recommend it before any other distro for linux noobs. I don't agree with people saying the extra desktop layouts shouldn't be behind the pro paywall. They are just extras and you get a good selection in the Core version without having to pay.

I do agree though that the light theme is too light and the dark theme colour tints are a bit much. I'd have preferred the dark theme to be a nice grey (maybe around #303030) and the buttons/folders be accented with the colour you choose. Though I don't have an opinion about how the light theme should be since I don't use it.

Also I think the pro version should come with extra start menu buttons in the theme editor :smiley: I don't like the Zorin logo as a start button and I'd have prefered a simple rounded box or set of 9 boxes.

As for the "bloat" software, it's pretty handy that it comes installed though I did notice there is some redundant software (why is there two CAD packages?).

I also noticed that every now and then, my default Firefox home screen reverts to a gross Zorin screen with google search... I don't appreciate this myself as I changed i to be the firefox default screen with my own search engine of choice, though I understand maybe most normal people would use google so I know why it was set in the first place but if I change it to something else it should not revert back. Other than that it's a pretty perfect OS!

Also shout out to how Wine is handled, simply double clicking to install and run .exe applications is fantastic, I hated the faf of trying to use win on other OS's but Zorin just works! :smiley:

2 Likes

No, it shouldn't - because it is not supposed to. Something went wrong.
In all the time I have used Zorin OS, that has never once happened to me.

2 Likes

I second that.

[edit]
My Firefox is set as below:

When I open the Firefox or the new page, I will get a 空白ページ (blank page), my preference. You can change this drop down list to the default Firefox page or another website of your choice.

I haven't contributed much to the forum recently. I did not vote in the poll as it didn't cover my mixed reasons for supporting Zorin OS. Having been self-employed for much of my life, I understand that operations like Zorin OS req

1 Like

You can still add your comment to that thread without making a vote.

What about the rest of my opinion? It seems to have got lost after typing for half an hour.??

Fully agree!! I spend more then $39 /50 Euros on Pale Ale during this time of year...and never get to enjoy it again once it's gone. At least I do get additional enjoyment from Zorin

3 Likes

I don't know the fuss about paying for something. As Bubby said, you have no problem buying stuff in grocery store or an app to your phone.

4 Likes

I have used Zorin Os since Zorin-5 and Ultimate versions since Zorin 6 (delivered by DVD snail-mail). I have not switched back to WIN XP, 7, or 10 as I believe Zorin OS is better for me. I had some points to make, but have no time left now to make them. I feel that the Zorin team can be independent using the present system, rather than being dependent on donations.

The only choice you get is to install everything or nothing (apart from a browser and some essential apps). I would certainly call it bloated. What they can do is let us choose what apps to install during the installation. The Pro edition comes with a lot of apps and games that people might find useless. Customers will waste more time uninstalling bloat from their Zorin Pro than installing the apps required by them in Zorin Core.

1 Like