Zorin OS 16 Pro Etcher issue

I bought Zorin OS 16 Pro for my new computer and when I try to put it on a flash drive from etcher it says,”Something went wrong. If it is a compressed image, please check that the archive is not corrupted.” How can I fix this issue?

U can try using another USB writer like UNetbootin.

1 Like

Use unetbootin, universal usb installer or rufus

1 Like

or Ventoy (the best IMO)

popsicle

1 Like

Wonder why one of these isn't in the software store . . . :disappointed:

@Joesplace Popsicle is in the Software store, that is where I got it.

Then you probably added the pop os ppa's or using pop os :grin:

Rufus on Windows :crown:

1 Like

No @Michel Just works in Zorin, easy peasy.

2 Likes

I do not have POP_OS repo installed.

I just searched the Software Store for Popsicle; yielded Zero results.

I do not have the flatpak or Snap plugins on Software (That come with Zorin OS) because I removed them.
This suggests that if Popsicle is available to you and not to me, it must be only available in the Software Store as a Snap or Flatpak.

1 Like

Yes, but still there

If I search Software Catalog with Zorin Pro 16 Gnome, Popsicle is there but if I reboot and load MATE, another search shows it not there . . .

@joeysjr
@Michel

1 Like

Offered as .deb ? flatpak or snap ?

So after I download popsicle how do I load Zorin os 16pro from the usb?

When you install or start the popsicle app doesn't it guide you or show how to use or attach the downloaded iso(s)?

when Popsicle runs it asks for an Img or ISO to flash, then you have to choose the disk to burn it to, make shure you choose the right USB drive, and third step it that it will burn it to that USB. Ready. works the same as BalenaEtcher does, but looks a bit different and won't ruin your USB. (unless the iso is not good or the UB stick is broken/kaputt, then no burner can help)

3 Likes

That tool is so easy that it does not need a guide :woozy_face:. Open popsicle, select the iso image. You can add the sha256 checksum and click on next. Select you usb and click next. :joy:

2 Likes

Well, there you go, its easy to use for joeyjr456 and Kees has already described how to make it all work.

3 Likes