Zorin OS 16 PRO LITE - My Experience So Far 😁 ☹

sudo apt install cpufrequtils

cpufreq-set -u

Tutorial excelente, bem claro . Parabéns pelo excelente texto. É bom que as pessoas estejam criando conteúdo sobre o Zorin OS, quanto mais conteúdo tiver, mais fácil será de espalhar a "palavra ".

1 Like

English: Thank You Very Much!

Japanese: Dōmo arigatōgozaimasu!

Spanish: ¡Muchas gracias!

Portuguese: Muito obrigado!

Giving Lite a spin in V-Box, I haven't used XFCE in a few years at least.

1 Like

@StarTreker i enjoyed reading your right up. This was very informative, i also enjoy the way you write.

Please don't say Zorin 16 Lite is broken. You have a specific hardware set that not everyone has. Your issues with Lite are not going to be everyone's. These are hardware specific issues, not an issue with the os and you know that. While it is frustrating to have issues when you first install a new os, it is also, almost always, a learning experience.

Did they drop support for a piece of hardware, was there ever support? These things are normal. I don't remember if you attempted to use that keyboard on 15, but even as zab had noted, there are things that haven't been changed that may not be accessible or break to many other things in order to get that functionality on specific hardware.

Your experience with lite will not be everyone's. So you have no right to say that 16 Lite is broken or has issues. Please be mindful of this because it may sway the members from using it when it would possibly work fine on their systems.

1 Like

While reading all the comments about the new Zorin16 Lite, I thought I'd try it out for myself. I do use the XFCE desktop, but this with MXLinux on a pc with lower specifications, and just installed it but never took the time to tweak it.

Today I took some time to see what the ups and down are while installing and using Zorin Lite/XFCE 16.

I' m normally am a Gnome fan and have a great running edition of Zorin16Core which I tweaked to my liking. Removed some and installed all other apps which I like to work with. Thought I should try to do the same with Zorin Lite, to see if it really is complicated and if the system would deny me doing what I usually do on the Gnome version.
Normally I use dual boot Zorin16 Gnome and Windows. But I also added the Zorin16 Lite to my 1TB nvme (have enough space).

Must say installation was easy took. It took me perhaps 5 min and all the apps I'm used to went ok while installing; Virtualbox, dolphin filemanager, multisystem, yacreader, foliate, mocplayer, glava, xwinwrap, ark, kwrite, conkymanager2, dreamchess, vlc, mpv, kazam and Wine - even played the game I spend lots of time with on Gnome (Desperados 3)

BTW all the hardware are functioning out of the Box. I can easily use the sound and display options and also use all of my bluetooth devices and headset. The Logitech keyboard and MX M2s mouse works fine.

Second screen show me using some heavy apps while using Wine and playing the Game and running a live wallpaper. This all caused my CPU just a 14% load and the temp is just normal too.

Must say I enjoyed it but I guess my PC liked it more.

Forget to mention that also the PS4 controller was recognized even though in the game as a XBOX 360 controller, but it worked perfect.

4 Likes

I installed it on 10 years old Acer Aspire and I experienced absolutely no issue. For me nothing is broken.

3 Likes

Zorin Lite just released. Games are fixed patch after released also windows. With some computers can working without problems another yes. Everything need a time to working a perfect. I know developers put on parts updates. Why? Because it need a time and simple to fix when this is with a chapter like a reading a book.
I find a channel Zorin on Discord if someone want more friends with Zorin Zorin OS Unofficial Server

3 Likes

?????

I mean example popular cyberpunk2077 after released a developer need after repair a game with patches to working properly also windows 11 after released also need many updates to repair operative system. That I mean - not everything working out from the box is perfect.

1 Like

That game still needs alot of fixes. It's by far finished.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.