Does anyone know what the exact release date of zorin os 16 ultimate is
No. I'm sure they will tell us when it's ready. I'd prefer it to be later than hoped and working than on time and broken.
As I wrote, a while back, "the time is coming". I base this on the fact that I see less and less activity on Github.
I fully agree with you. It is better to wait a little longer for a release as stable as possible.
The last statement made by @azorin of the Zorin Group was July. It is currently Early July. There are not current indications of any delays.
Exactamente de acuerdo con voz
bien, espero su lanzamiento pronto gracias
Maybe this is asked , but it is possible to switch from beta to stable 16 right ?
Also if i want to use Ultimate, I can switch from beta/stable 16 without clean install ?
Yes. That seems to be possible. It has been discussed already in other threads.
As far as I know, switching from Core to Ultimate requires clean install (which is what I am prepared to do).
Yeah, I want to check this ..but no info
Zorin OS 16 Beta to Stable does not require a fresh installation.
Currently, choosing Zorin OS Ultimate does require a fresh installation.
One tedious workaround is to choose Ultimate, then burn to ISO. Insert the ISO (DVD or USB) medium, then use it as the repo source to install the Ultimate extras onto your existing build of Zorin OS. I am not sure how that would work on the Mac OS Layouts option.
The Zorin Group has been working on a Direct Upgrade option, however, I can only say that it looks unlikely to be released near the time of Zorin OS 16 Ultimate. I could be wrong. Official word on the Direct Upgrade Option is not yet given.
I have Zorin OS 16 Beta - so I'll update to the release version when it comes but as soon as I can get an Ultimate update I'll buy Ultimate. I think tbh it's kind of important that people can update.
First of all, welcome to the community.
I congratulate you on your decision. It is very good to support developers, considering that, despite limited resources, they achieve a very good product.
Just out of curiosity. If I am using Zorin OS 16 beta, will I be able to upgrade it to RTM or will it require a fresh install?
@FrenchPress Gotcha, thanks!