Zorin OS 16

When will the zorin 16 be released? I want to try beta. How do I get to install beta version?

2 Likes

Not possible to upgrade from Zorin 15.3? Should it be a clean install?

There are 1000 things that can go wrong with an upgrade, I'm not even sure it's possible. Better with backups and clean install. If you have separated /home partition you can keep your stuff while making a new installation -- just be careful when setting up the partitions, so you don't overwrite /home.

1 Like

My experience with upgrading different distros or Operating systems has always resulted in me having to do a fresh install after trying the upgrade. (I am looking at your windows, Linux and Mac Os.) I tend to customize the system and install software from different sources not just the software store. I am going the fresh install route for 16.0. I don’t want to spend my time trying to figure out why something doesn’t work after an upgrade. I would rather spend that time doing non computer related things. This is also why I choose to use Zorin OS instead of other distros I didn’t want to spend a bunch of time figuring out how to configure stuff, find work arounds etc…. Zorin OS gives me 95% of what I need and the 5% I can setup myself.

No. Not possible to upgrade Z15.3 to Z16Beta, but understand devs are working on a way to upgrade from Z15.3 to Z16 later, when released.