Zorin OS 17 desktop crashing when wake

Sorry, but which is the Taskbar? When I search for it what appears is Zorin Appearance...

I installed ZOS17 Pro on my laptop Dell E7270 and it crashes frequently on wake up. No rhyme or reason that I can think of other than I am using the new multi screen desktop option. It doesn't seem like I'm the only one with this same issue. Painful to always restart stuff. ZOS16 would literally be up for months when I used it. It is not a memory or other resource issue. I choose the upgrade option and not a fresh install from scratch.

I should say it crashes sometime from when I leave my PC and come back and wake it up again. I never actually see the crash.

The ZorinGroup recently stated that they have worked with users to test a recent update resolution to the crashes of Gnome.
Since there can be a variety of causes and symptoms (Crash during use; Crash upon wake), this does not mean all users will be cured.

Please run your system Updater to receive any updates from Zorin OS or in terminal:

sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade

If no good try

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

Create a thread or submit a report if continuing to experience crashes of Gnome Shell.

1 Like